Quick Q re drink drive disqual

Not me I hasten to add but if your disqualified for drink driving, when you get your licence back do you still have C, C&E entitlement or do you have to re-sit ?
Ditto other categories ?
Also - what about if you had 7.5t under grandad rights ?
Any ideas anyone ?

Cheers

I think you’ll find that an appearance in front of a traffic commission hearing would be required to get the HGV category’s reinstated.

Jab:
Not me I hasten to add but if your disqualified for drink driving, when you get your licence back do you still have C, C&E entitlement or do you have to re-sit ?
Ditto other categories ?
Also - what about if you had 7.5t under grandad rights ?
Any ideas anyone ?

Cheers

I had an ‘aquaintance’ of mine who just gone through this (he was in his car when caught) and I’ve just phoned him…
If just a ban for 12 months then you get it all back
If over 18 months the up to TC as to a LGV retest
If over 36 months then definite retest

I had an ‘aquaintance’ of mine who just gone through this (he was in his car when caught) and I’ve just phoned him…

Top man Rog ! Cheers

(No idea re the grandad ?)

Jab:

Top man Rog ! Cheers

(No idea re the grandad ?)

ALL BACK ON :slight_smile:

Ta.

In my humble opinion

Anyone caught for Drink Driving should be made to re-take tests even if they only get a 3 month ban .

Drink Drivers KILL

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
In my humble opinion

Anyone caught for Drink Driving should be made to re-take tests even if they only get a 3 month ban .

Drink Drivers KILL

I would love to see that happen - I wonder how many would then risk it :question: :question:
the problem is - how far do we go with this - mobile phones are said to have more of a threat than drink-driving in respect to the concentration factor, so do we insist on a retest for this offence as well :question: :question: :question:

ROG:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
In my humble opinion

Drink Drivers KILL

I would love to see that happen - I wonder how many would then risk it :question: :question:
the problem is - how far do we go with this - mobile phones are said to have more of a threat than drink-driving in respect to the concentration factor, so do we insist on a retest for this offence as well :question: :question: :question:

I would like to see the statistics on that comnent about mobile phones .

Not that we should have to choose . But if we did i would rather some one use the phone whilst driving rather than bieng drunk and driving.

As for the concentration isue does this mean card radios will be banned soon.

Remember we must post facts.

Personaly I think drink driving is as good as pre meditated murder. They dont care if they kill someone.
I think all drink drivers should be shot - That would answer all the queries about getting licences back or not. :smiling_imp:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

ROG:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
In my humble opinion

Drink Drivers KILL

I would like to see the statistics on that comnent about mobile phones .

Not that we should have to choose . But if we did i would rather some one use the phone whilst driving rather than bieng drunk and driving.

As for the concentration isue does this mean card radios will be banned soon.

Remember we must post facts.

Loughborough university has PROVED that using any type of mobile phone whilst driving is more dangerous than being over the drink limit.
I ASSUME they did not mean completely out of it through drink :exclamation:
The results have been shown onTV a number of times and the results are available to the public - is that factual enough :question: :question: :question:

ROG:
Loughborough university has PROVED that using any type of mobile phone whilst driving is more dangerous than being over the drink limit.

Straight away, I would question the validity of such research, on the basis of whether they were referring to ‘conversations’ or ‘messages’.

We’ve all seen them. The ‘Mondeo Man’ rep, on his mobile, negotiating with a customer. Calculating delivery dates and discounts. His speed drops. He doesn’t change lanes. He becomes a general pain in the arse. THAT, I would agree with.

I’ve had thirty years at the end of a radio. Both in cars and on bikes. ‘Messages’ take second place to driving conditions. ‘Messages’ can always be repeated. ‘Conversations’ can’t. I know of only one accident that resulted from the use of a radio and, arguably, the radio message wasn’t the cause of the accident. It was the lack of using mirrors correctly after receiving a message.

I get Mobile Phone ‘messages’ from the Agency. It consists of a time and a place. And, if I’m about to negotiate a hazard, such as a roundabout, then I’ll say so and lay the phone down. They don’t get ‘arsy’ about it. They daren’t. :smiley:

Whilst I have a great degree of sympathy for the relatives of loved ones that have lost their lives due to the selfish behaviour of others, I think our Legislators have used a ‘sledgehammer to crack a nut’ in not being mindful of those that act in a responsible manner.

There is, and always has been, legislation that deals with ‘inattentive’ driver behaviour. What there has not been, is a Fixed Penalty route to penalise such behaviour, or a ready willingness on the part of the CPS to prosecute such proceedings.

‘conversations’

The above