Quick Q on O-Licence (or lack of)

Just did first (and last) day at argos as a home delivery driver (lol never got chance to get behind the wheel, agency sent me in as a driver and i get told im there 2nd manning, even stranger after i had to do a driving assesment on monday … )

Anyway i notcied all their 7.5 tonners have no O-licence or the plate (forgot name of it ) that gives details of width , length , axle weights etc. Is this legal ?

Also their drivers i supect are breaking the WTD and tacho rules, my driver yesterday certainly was. Stopped to do a dop that took 20 mins to complete, as he got out of cab he popped us on break. worked total of 13 hours yesterday ( 0 as driver) and only got a 30 min break when he had to stop after our ‘15 min’ earlier.

Assessment on monday , assesor said that hitting a kerb is a big no-no , Driver yesterday went up kerb 5 or 6 times as he was too busy texting on his phone and not watching where he was going. add to this the countless hedges we scraped along in the lanes while he was on his phone.

Goods are known to have been damaged in transit, he still unloads them and says nothing to the customer on arrival, questioned him about it and got a reply of ‘their problem, not ours’

So rang my agency up and told em in not going back in there again. my licence is worth more than their job

Just because he’s not taking his breaks when he should and tipping on rest dosn’t mean you have to. He’s probably doing himself out of money as he would probably be on an hourly rate.
But as for o’licence disk and plating certificate, They should be displayed.
There are times when the o’licence disk dosn’t have to be displayed. i.e. new truck, rental truck, etc. There are time limits etc. But wouldn’t think you would get done for their mistakes. Do your daily checks, Report it, You can’t do any more than that.

BigJon:
Just did first (and last) day at argos as a home delivery driver (lol never got chance to get behind the wheel, agency sent me in as a driver and i get told im there 2nd manning, even stranger after i had to do a driving assesment on monday … )

Anyway i notcied all their 7.5 tonners have no O-licence or the plate (forgot name of it ) that gives details of width , length , axle weights etc. Is this legal ?

Also their drivers i supect are breaking the WTD and tacho rules, my driver yesterday certainly was. Stopped to do a dop that took 20 mins to complete, as he got out of cab he popped us on break. worked total of 13 hours yesterday ( 0 as driver) and only got a 30 min break when he had to stop after our ‘15 min’ earlier.

Assessment on monday , assesor said that hitting a kerb is a big no-no , Driver yesterday went up kerb 5 or 6 times as he was too busy texting on his phone and not watching where he was going. add to this the countless hedges we scraped along in the lanes while he was on his phone.

Goods are known to have been damaged in transit, he still unloads them and says nothing to the customer on arrival, questioned him about it and got a reply of ‘their problem, not ours’

So rang my agency up and told em in not going back in there again. my licence is worth more than their job

You should tell argos about the damages etc they may give you a JOB.

ohhhhhh ADMIN IT TOOK 20 MINUTES TO GET ON THIS STUPID FORUM AND 20 MINUTES TO POST.
Get it sorted as its CRAP !!!

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
ohhhhhh ADMIN IT TOOK 20 MINUTES TO GET ON THIS STUPID FORUM AND 20 MINUTES TO POST.
Get it sorted as its CRAP !!!

I have to agree with that sentiment, the server seems to be struggling of late… :imp: :imp:

SORT IT OUT…please.