Quick hours question (that I'll prob get slated for)!

Right, I’ve done a 15 hr day mon, tues and weds but only reduced my daily rest mon and tues night, I had a full 11hr daily rest last night. So wondering if I can do a 9 or a 11 tonight.

Sorry about the stupid question but have only just started maxing my hours out over the last few weeks and want to make sure I’m doing things right!

Cheers

terratology:
Right, I’ve done a 15 hr day mon, tues and weds but only reduced my daily rest mon and tues night, I had a full 11hr daily rest last night. So wondering if I can do a 9 or a 11 tonight.

Sorry about the stupid question but have only just started maxing my hours out over the last few weeks and want to make sure I’m doing things right!

Cheers

If you did a 15 hour shift then that only leaves 9 hours for rest in the 24 hour period 15+9=24

You cannot do a 15 shift then have 11 hours counted as daily rest because that would be 15+11=26 and there are not 26 hours in a day … I think :wink:

You can have 15 shift + 9 rest + 2 rest with 15+9 for the regs and the 2 for yourself

With that info how did you figure that weds is not a reduced ?

The easiest way to remember is treat it as a 24 hrs day. If you start at 6 and only get 9 hrs break by 6 the next morning, that’s a spread gone. Too many drivers worry about both duty done, and rest taken, which can confuse simple minds. Just worry about it as 1 24 hrs and you’ll be fine

Looks like I may have got it wrong over the last couple of weeks! :confused: Will be doing a 11 tomorrow then…!

Cheers

Have you got a smart phone? Download the truck timer app. It’ll help no end.

Can you get it on windows phones?

How many 15s can you do in a week ? These rules baffle me , only 2 reduced daily rest within a 2 weekly period ? … Why can’t it just be simple and say 3x15 , 2x13 in 1 week ■■? After all we are truck drivers not rocket scientists !!

Smoggie89:
How many 15s can you do in a week ? These rules baffle me , only 2 reduced daily rest within a 2 weekly period ? … Why can’t it just be simple and say 3x15 , 2x13 in 1 week ■■? After all we are truck drivers not rocket scientists !!

Three reduced rests BETWEEN two weekly rest periods, not within 2 weeks :wink:

OVLOV JAY:

Smoggie89:

Ahhhhh lol so between sun-sun , mon-mon or whatever …

Basically yes. So if you’re on a regular job it would probably be a set pattern, ie Monday to Friday/Saturday. But if you’re on agency and there is no work on Wednesday, for example, you could do 5x15. As Monday and Tuesday would be between two weekly rests and Thursday Friday Saturday would also be between two weekly rests as you would have had a 24 weekly rest on Wednesday

Smoggie89:

OVLOV JAY:

Smoggie89:

Ahhhhh lol so between sun-sun , mon-mon or whatever …

No

Between weekly rests could be between tue and fri if one weekly rest finished on tue and the next started on fri

A period of 24 hours off can be a weekly rest and a few of those could be done in a week

The word WEEK refers to the FIXED WEEK which is sunday midnight to sunday midnight

The fixed week has nothing to do with the rules on reduced daily rests

bit off the topic but the title of this post just shows what tn has become. the fact that someone expects to be slated for asking a question about ,lets face it, a complicated subject just shows the sort of trolls we get on here .top marks for not slagging the op off and actually helping.
go to the top of the class and sharpen the pens :wink: