Quick drivers hours question

If I did a 8 and a half hour shift, with only 2 and a half hours of it being driving. Am I right in thinking I only need a 30 minute break?. Since I’ve worked between 6-9 hours and haven’t reached 4 and a half hours driving.

As far a the drivers hours tacho rules go, there’s no requirenment to take a break until you have driven for 4.5hrs, You can take part of that break before the you have clocked up 4.5 hrs, i think the latest ruling is that a segment must be at least 20mins or it won’t count or do you mean that other nonsense WTD or whatever it’s called these days?

newey91:
If I did a 8 and a half hour shift, with only 2 and a half hours of it being driving. Am I right in thinking I only need a 30 minute break?. Since I’ve worked between 6-9 hours and haven’t reached 4 and a half hours driving.

That’s correct.

No driving break required but for the working time regulations you need a 30 minute break/breaks for a shift between 6 and 9 hours.

The break can be taken as one 30 minute break or two 15 minute breaks.

For the working time regulations breaks must interrupt the working time so cannot be at the immediate start of end of the shift.

newey91:

30 mins for RTD needed as work was between 6 and 9 hours
was any period of more than 6 hours work done without at least a 15 min break?
No breaks for tacho driving time needed

This wtd isn’t needed if i had been at work for more than 4hrs not 6 i would be taking a break i don’t need nanny to hold my hand or think for me,or dictate to me either