Quick answer required

going to rugby/coventry tomorrow, and i hear they are TNTing the catthorpe interchange and the M1/M6/A14 is closed??

just wondered what the diversion routes are, how long they are etc, if your heading a14 w/b towards rugby, heading e/b on m6 wanting to get onto the a14, getting onto the M1 from the M6 rugby then getting off the M1 n/b to get onto the A14 to come home,

cheers.

If you are comming from the south go up the M45. If you are comming from the north use junction 18 and the A5 to Rugby.

M6 > A14 and vice versa is OK.
M1 Northbound M1 northbound traffic will be diverted off the M1 at junction 19 onto the M6 to junction 2 and then north on the M69 to rejoin the M1 at junction 21.

M1 Southbound M1 southbound traffic will be signposted off the M1 at junction 21 onto the M69, A46, A45 and M45 to rejoin the M1 at Junction 17. The M1 southbound will remain open all the way down to junction 19 for A14 eastbound, M6 westbound and local traffic.

M6 Southbound M6 traffic destined for the M1 southbound will be diverted off at junction 2 onto the A46, A45 and M45 towards M1 junction 17. The M6 will remain open to M1 junction 19 for A14 eastbound and local traffic.

A14 Westbound to M1 Northbound A14 traffic heading for the M1 northbound will be signposted onto the M6 westbound until junction 2, from where it will join the M69 north, before returning to the M1 at junction 21.

Pat Hasler:
If you are comming from the north use junction 18 and the A5 to Rugby.

Coming from the north you won’t get as far as J18 this weekend, use J20 and straight into Rugby down the A426.

Coffeeholic:
Coming from the north you won’t get as far as J18 this weekend, use J20 and straight into Rugby down the A426.

+1 :smiley:

Santa:
M6 > A14 and vice versa is OK.
M1 Northbound M1 northbound traffic will be diverted off the M1 at junction 19 onto the M6 to junction 2 and then north on the M69 to rejoin the M1 at junction 21.

M1 Southbound M1 southbound traffic will be signposted off the M1 at junction 21 onto the M69, A46, A45 and M45 to rejoin the M1 at Junction 17. The M1 southbound will remain open all the way down to junction 19 for A14 eastbound, M6 westbound and local traffic.

M6 Southbound M6 traffic destined for the M1 southbound will be diverted off at junction 2 onto the A46, A45 and M45 towards M1 junction 17. The M6 will remain open to M1 junction 19 for A14 eastbound and local traffic.

A14 Westbound to M1 Northbound A14 traffic heading for the M1 northbound will be signposted onto the M6 westbound until junction 2, from where it will join the M69 north, before returning to the M1 at junction 21.

Some strange diversions they have given there.

M1 north I would be off at J18 and up A5 and A426 to J20.
M1 south I would do J20 - J18 A426 and A5
M6 to M1 south I would do J1 and A426 and A5 to J18
A14 - M1 north I would do M6 J1 to M1 J20, you would be on the M1 north before you would even be at M6 J2.

Coffeeholic:

Pat Hasler:

Old advice mate … my 12 year old advice LOL

Pat Hasler:

Coffeeholic:

Pat Hasler:

Old advice mate … my 12 year old advice LOL

Even 12 years ago coming from the north I wouldn’t have gone all the way down to J18 to get to Rugby. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I posted this on another thread earlier but I’ll post it again here FYFI.

One alternative to avoid catthorpe interchange coming from the A14 is to go north on the A5199 and join the westbound A4304 at Husbands Bosworth which brings you out at junction 20 of the M1. It isn’t the best of roads but it’s not impassable in a lorry. I can’t recall there being any low bridges and there’s none shown in the AA close-up truckers atlas.

Coming through Husbands Bosworth is permissible with a HGV, but in Welford village is a bit tight as cars are parked all down one side — so youll drive on the right for a quarter mile.
If you end work at Cov you could use the A45 through (near) Dunchurch- Daventry —Northampton and come out at A14 / J13 I think and gives that hassle a wide berth.