Quick answer appreciated!

ROG:

Darb:
Has there ever been a time when this was allowed as another driver told me the same ■■

If I remember correctly (Memory going :blush: ) under the pre 2007 rules a driver could take 4 + 8 and the 4 could be split into single hours

Your memory has gone on this one. :wink:

no you cant but what you can do is pull the card and if u get pulled say you were thinking of the children usually covers it

Darb:
I was stuck for 3:30 mins on the A1 then they turned us around and I ended up parking in Wetherby, my gaffer said as long as I had 3 hours break then I can have a split break and leave after 6 hours?? Is this correct ■■

Your gaffer is a 3 squares short of a Bingo!

Coffeeholic:

Darb:
I was stuck for 3:30 mins on the A1 then they turned us around and I ended up parking in Wetherby, my gaffer said as long as I had 3 hours break then I can have a split break and leave after 6 hours?? Is this correct ■■

Your gaffer is a 3 squares short of a Bingo!

I find it scary what some bosses actually come out with, unfortunately there are some people who believe it.

Read all the above and then argue there isn’t a case for ongoing driver (and TM) training… (for some of us at least…) :smiley:

nick172sport:
i ve been in this situation today carrying hazardous gases in a day cab ran right up to 10 hours driving on seconds what would happen if i coudnt get bk do they give you any leway vosa for if your over and nowhere to park

Hi nick172sport,

ADR says this about your question:

ADR Article 5
The transport operations to which [ADR] applies shall remain subject
to national orinternational regulations applicable in general to road traffic,
international road transport and international trade.

So, the normal drivers’ hours Regulations apply equally to the carriage of dangerous goods.

For the situation you explained, there’s this:

561/2006 Article 12
Provided that road safety is not thereby jeopardised and to
enable the vehicle to reach a suitable stopping place, the driver
may depart from Articles 6 to 9 to the extent necessary to
ensure the safety of persons, of the vehicle or its load. …

IMHO, one of the few discussion points on Article 12 is the word “suitable,” but you may need to take advice from the police/VOSA or a lawyer on the question of interpretation, cos I wouldn’t like to guess at the length of that piece of string.