Quick agency question

Anyone else on here working for agencies get their compulsory 45 minute break deducted from their wages?? :open_mouth:

grovegarage:
Anyone else on here working for agencies get their compulsory 45 minute break deducted from their wages?? :open_mouth:

I didnt, I was paid per day.

every agency i’ve worked for have and even my employer i work for now does it! needless to say i add 45mins on to my workin time where possible :stuck_out_tongue:

“It depends”. Even working for the same agency, one client would have 45 minutes deducted and another one pay straight through.

proper job paid thru
agency work knocks 45

Im on the agency and dont get paid the 45.
Make it up ahem - other ways though. :wink:

Mine were taken off, it’s been said, make it up another way. :wink:

The agency take an hour off me.

I don’t understand why anyone would expect to be paid for the break, if you worked in a factory or warehouse you wouldn’t be paid for the break so why would drivers expect different :confused:

tachograph:
I don’t understand why anyone would expect to be paid for the break, if you worked in a factory or warehouse you wouldn’t be paid for the break so why would drivers expect different :confused:

If you worked in a warehouse, they would not expect you to look after the contents during your break.

To save starting a new thread can anyone tell me…

A. What would be a reasonable rate for night trunking in the Rugby area?

B. I have not used my digi card since Jan 09,is there anything I should be aware of when using it for the 1st time ?

Cheers.

Used to get an hour knocked off when I was on agency, so I took an hour. Employed now I get 45 minutes deducted, can’t believe I am not going to get paid for 45 minutes of the 7 hours and 36 minutes of break I clocked today. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I get 30 min taken off as that is the official break time of said comp im working in

I was worked hard today done 24 ks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I get 1st 8 hrs paid straight just for turning up , but, if worked more than 8 then they dock the breaks, but pay OT rates.
Good agency i guess

I was doing Agency work last year. I was an hour from home when I got a phone call “Where are you? Got a bloke here waiting for your truck” I told them I was just passing Ferrybridge, voice said “You will be an hour then” - I said no, an hour & 45, unless you are not going to deduct. I ended up waiting in a lay-by for 45 mins while a driver waited at the yard. Bloody stupid, they could have had me there three quarters of an hour earlier!

pete-b:

tachograph:

If you worked in a warehouse, they would not expect you to look after the contents during your break.

If you’re doing that in your 45 minute break then you’re not taking a proper 45.

invincible guy:
I was doing Agency work last year. I was an hour from home when I got a phone call “Where are you? Got a bloke here waiting for your truck” I told them I was just passing Ferrybridge, voice said “You will be an hour then” - I said no, an hour & 45, unless you are not going to deduct. I ended up waiting in a lay-by for 45 mins while a driver waited at the yard. Bloody stupid, they could have had me there three quarters of an hour earlier!

What a ■■■■■■. I bet your phone is nice and quiet…

Conor:

pete-b:

tachograph:

If you’re doing that in your 45 minute break then you’re not taking a proper 45.

When I worked in a warehouse they took 30 min off me for break as they did there full time staff & they do that now

Conor:

pete-b:

tachograph:

NO i’m not looking after his truck when I take my break, I usually find other more important things to do, like sleep or go for something to eat. The point is, a lot of companies expect you to look after the truck whilst having your unpaid break. They can’t have it everyway.

tachograph:

Because in a factory or warehouse you are generally given a break roughly halfway through your shift and given facilities for it. As a driver you’re expected to ‘take your break’ where it doesn’t impact on the days planned work, usually whilst waiting somewhere, irrespective of if its at the beginning or near the end of your shift. Maybe some drivers just pull up for half an hours dinner at midday when they only have 2 hours work and 2 hours driving under their belt ? Anywhere i’ve worked they wouldn’t be happy if you did.