Queston on insurance and job?

Thanks for the replies. By the sounds I now need to get hold of the medical/provisional app papers and get some new photos of myself for the “new” licence. :grimacing:

Because I can’t be arsed in this case, if I do the CPC for a Rigid, do I have to take it a second time for the Artic entitlement if I eventually go for that too? (assuming the CPC doesn’t reach its five year expirey before that point)

RJP001:
Thanks for the replies. By the sounds I now need to get hold of the medical/provisional app papers and get some new photos of myself for the “new” licence. :grimacing:

Because I can’t be arsed in this case, if I do the CPC for a Rigid, do I have to take it a second time for the Artic entitlement if I eventually go for that too? (assuming the CPC doesn’t reach its five year expirey before that point)

You are getting a little confused between the two Dcpcs
THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC
THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC

The initial you only do once for you first LGV C (or C1) and then only if you do not already have aquired/grandfather rights.

The periodic 5 year time starts from when you pass the initial module 4 test or from 10/09/2009 if you have aquired/grandfather rights.

No initial Dcpc or any theory for CE, just the on-road driving test
Passing CE has no effect whatsoever on the 5 year timimgs for periodic Dcpc

RJP001:
That’s very cool then. With me being so young I’m happy to work at min wage as long as I would be driving and getting paid for it. Much rather drive than work in a shop (as so many my age seem doomed to do after University).

So what are you driving Garnerlives? Rigids or Artics? I guess Artics or drawbar types, from what the company’s website shows on all of its photographs?

nonononono not for minimum wage lol

Can you elaborate on that? :question:

And thank you peoples for your replies. I’ve got the D2 form but seems D4 isn’t included in the drivers pack, so that’s now on its way. :sunglasses:

I’ve now got another question. Do you think I should go ahead and when funds permit, get my C Class? I think I should explain a little about the situation before you answer. I’m a College student (20, as mentioned earlier), and I’ve got another year at College before I finish. If I wish to begin driving when the course finishes (June 2011), would it be a good idea to get C Class before then or wait until I have finished College? I have seen comments that some companies require you to have held your licence for six months? Surely that must include a driving period of six months and not just holding the licence for six months?

RJP001:
I have seen comments that some companies require you to have held your licence for six months? Surely that must include a driving period of six months and not just holding the licence for six months?

you got the last bit right - daft aint it !! - and it can be anything from 6 months to 2 years - unless they are desperate for a driver

Get it ASAP if that is what you want to do - it won’t be wasted and you might even get an odd day or two for an agency especially on the weekends