Questions about driving in America?

God fast food who would eat that crap ? Far too much food an those plates. Far too much red meat on those plates. Thats a whole days worth of calories on one plate. Me I am stocking up on Tuna before the glow in the dark kind starts showing up in the grocery stores :open_mouth: Peas are good I love peas :smiley: Potatoes are good too, so are the eggs. You guys eat way too much meat. :open_mouth: Do North American fast food places use real meat ? I wonder , it sure doesn’t look like real meat. That and they cook everything in so much fat and oil you could use it to grease your truck.

nmm what the hell is that green liquid wi the 2 pies n mash■■?
jimmy

mickfly:
Pretty [zb] here Pat, get yer chin up and read teh Daily Mail on-line, or just come over for a holiday and get put off.

I come over for holidays every year and don’t want to come back.

As for Marks coments about food I totally agree with him, American food is crappy and very boring and they have the nerve to call British food boring :open_mouth:
Kate says the same but when we go back over she is seen happily munching on fish and chips, steak and ale pies, and says steaks are far better over there. … she’s an American born and bred.

newmercman:
Are you kidding me? North American food is appalling, even your meat is crap, cows are meant to eat grass not genetically modified corn feed that requires the meat to be bleached in chlorine or ammonia before it’s fit to be sold :open_mouth: and don’t get me started on veggies, it’s corn corn corn or nothing :open_mouth: anything that requires the use of both a knife and a fork is not on the menu as nobody has the motor skills to use both implements at the same time :unamused:

The meals I posted are examples of British fast food, I would wager that every single one of them has far more nutritional value than a North American burger and fries, even the Saveloys and they’re made of lips, ears and [zb] :laughing: A proper British evening meal, in my house at least, will have 2 or 3 vegetables alongside the meat and potatoes, maybe that’s why the British have less problems with diet related illness than North Americans, who let’s be honest, value quantity over quality anyday :unamused:

Not 1 of those pics has “food” fit for human consumption… If you are home sick for that kind of tastles crap then you really have been brain washed by the concept of “Good Old English Grub”… :imp:

some good ol scots food…hagis,black,white pudding,lorne sousage tattie scone and a couple fried eggs lovely…
sorry for going off topic. :blush: also still dont know what that green gravy wi the pies is about.?

“Green gravy” is liquor!

hub-uk.com/foodpages36/1797.htm

44 Tonne Ton:
“Green gravy” is liquor!

hub-uk.com/foodpages36/1797.htm

ok.thanks for that ,its a new one on me :blush:

Gremmie:
Not 1 of those pics has “food” fit for human consumption… If you are home sick for that kind of tastles crap then you really have been brain washed by the concept of “Good Old English Grub”… :imp:

I was eating it the week before last mate, I’m not homesick for it, maybe every now and again I could murder some pie and mash, but that’s about it.

I’m not big on the whole English thing at all, I don’t class myself as English anyway, I’m a Londoner, but that aside, I left the place because I hated living there, you won’t find me flying the flag :wink:

If you ever get 34 hours in NYC Mark there’s a real fish and chip shop in Brooklyn, I have the menu in my cab, they do real fish and chips with mushy peas, it’s owned by a brit who does local delivery using a purple Reliant Regal van :smiley:

Pat Hasler:
If you ever get 34 hours in NYC Mark there’s a real fish and chip shop in Brooklyn, I have the menu in my cab, they do real fish and chips with mushy peas, it’s owned by a brit who does local delivery using a purple Reliant Regal van :smiley:

Pat if you can post the phone number that would be great, I love good fish and chips too. :smiley:

Is this it Pat. chipshopnyc.com/ ? :grimacing: :sunglasses:

Pat Hasler:

We’ve just started a job to Brooklyn, I’ll give you a bell in the week and get the number :wink:

Brentanna:
Is this it Pat. chipshopnyc.com/ ? :grimacing: :sunglasses:

The very same … I asked them if they delivered to Yonkers and they said the delivery bloke couldn’t peddal that far :laughing:

newmercman:

Pat Hasler:

We’ve just started a job to Brooklyn, I’ll give you a bell in the week and get the number :wink:

You can park outside Yonkers sugar refinery one night and go to Broadway Diner with me and Rich.

Really good fish and chips are worth the side track to pick them up.

Maybe that is something some of the expats wives in around Steinbach might do really good at. A small Brit dinner.

Pat Hasler:

newmercman:

Pat Hasler:

You can park outside Yonkers sugar refinery one night and go to Broadway Diner with me and Rich.

Now that sounds like an extremely good idea Patman :wink:

Brentanna:
Maybe that is something some of the expats wives in around Steinbach might do really good at. A small Brit dinner.

Duh :exclamation: The reason we like our take away food is because the wives are crap cooks :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:
Are you kidding me? North American food is appalling, even your meat is crap, cows are meant to eat grass not genetically modified corn feed that requires the meat to be bleached in chlorine or ammonia before it’s fit to be sold :open_mouth: and don’t get me started on veggies, it’s corn corn corn or nothing :open_mouth: anything that requires the use of both a knife and a fork is not on the menu as nobody has the motor skills to use both implements at the same time :unamused:

The meals I posted are examples of British fast food, I would wager that every single one of them has far more nutritional value than a North American burger and fries, even the Saveloys and they’re made of lips, ears and [zb] :laughing: A proper British evening meal, in my house at least, will have 2 or 3 vegetables alongside the meat and potatoes, maybe that’s why the British have less problems with diet related illness than North Americans, who let’s be honest, value quantity over quality anyday :unamused:

Just to dispel the myth that no one in the US eats veg…Marc :wink: