Question

Hi all, newbe on here so first would like to say hello and glad I have found a good UK truck website where questions can be answered sufficiently and promptly!
I am nearly 22 years old and just sent my D2 & D4 application forms off with my driving licenses to the DVLA last Saturday.
Once they arrive back to me (which I hope they will by the end of this month) I will be booking the Theory and Hazard Perception test.
I have been reading the DSA HGV / PCV 2012 edition theory book with all the questions / answers you will have in the actual test itself. I also have the 2012 edition Hazard Perception CD/DVD which I am practicing around 2 times a week, every time I have done a mock test I seem to get higher than 67% (pass mark) so should be ok in all departments to get a first time pass.

What my questions was is once I have passed my practical tests, does anyone know a company that takes on new HGV class C & C+E drivers around the Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire area? Apologies if this has already been asked but as I am a newbe, I’m hoping you all are nice to me :wink:

Cheers guys, Charlie

Hi Charlie.

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can’t help with jobs in that area but I’m sure someone will be along soon who is more local.

Good Luck on your training.

Avoid the Broker sites and go and visit your trainer before parting with any cash.

They will mostly be happy to show you round and book an assessment drive so you can be happy with your choice and they can assess your potential. Usually free though sometimes a minimal charge to cover the diesel.

Hi Charlie.

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can’t help with jobs in that area but I’m sure someone will be along soon who is more local.

Good Luck on your training.

Avoid the Broker sites and go and visit your trainer before parting with any cash.

They will mostly be happy to show you round and book an assessment drive so you can be happy with your choice and they can assess your potential. Usually free though sometimes a minimal charge to cover the diesel.

As above. For ourselves, we don’t charge for assessments and you are more than welcome to call and have a look around.

For employment, anyone will tell you it’s tough. But we do have some local employers who are happy to take our passed candidates if they have a vacancy at the time.

Best of luck with it all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I have also started training recently and I am under the impression that the pass mark for the theory test is 85%?

sprouty:
I have also started training recently and I am under the impression that the pass mark for the theory test is 85%?

It is 85% for the multiple choice test and 67% for the hazard perception test.

Hi there CharlieBoy,

Welcome to the forum and may I wish you all the very best with your new career! :smiley:

Don’t forget to keep us all updated on the forum with your progress. Thanks!

Looks like someone is not going to have to travel far to find a good trainer :wink:

CharlieBoy:
Hi all, newbe on here so first would like to say hello and glad I have found a good UK truck website where questions can be answered sufficiently and promptly!
I am nearly 22 years old and just sent my D2 & D4 application forms off with my driving licenses to the DVLA last Saturday.
Once they arrive back to me (which I hope they will by the end of this month) I will be booking the Theory and Hazard Perception test.
I have been reading the DSA HGV / PCV 2012 edition theory book with all the questions / answers you will have in the actual test itself. I also have the 2012 edition Hazard Perception CD/DVD which I am practicing around 2 times a week, every time I have done a mock test I seem to get higher than 67% (pass mark) so should be ok in all departments to get a first time pass.

What my questions was is once I have passed my practical tests, does anyone know a company that takes on new HGV class C & C+E drivers around the Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire area? Apologies if this has already been asked but as I am a newbe, I’m hoping you all are nice to me :wink:

Cheers guys, Charlie

Welcome. :stuck_out_tongue:

There is one really easy bit in all this for you as coming from where you do your choice of trainer is pre-determined, he’s already posted on this thread. You won’t have to travel very far and if you go anywhere else we will hunt you down and slap you upsides the head with a very large, very wet, fish.

I hope this helps.

I second that.

Peter Smythe runs a fantastic operation in Mansfield Woodhouse and would be only too happy to show you round the yard and his newly liveried truck.

Noworries:
Looks like someone is not going to have to travel far to find a good trainer :wink:

I passed with said training company and can personally recomend all trainers there have met and spoken to them all
oh and they do like anything sweet to eat :wink:

good luck with the training if you take all the advice on ere u wont go wrong :wink:

jen x