QUESTION.....

if you are suspended with pay pending a disciplinary hearing can you go to work during this time if requested by your employer (ie we cant get your shift covered can you come in). and if you do can you still get disciplined for the original allegations in the first place. ?

m6again:
if you are suspended with pay pending a disciplinary hearing can you go to work during this time if requested by your employer (ie we cant get your shift covered can you come in). and if you do can you still get disciplined for the original allegations in the first place. ?

The only problem I see with that is the bloke who suspended you is loosing face if he gets you back in. On the other hand, it may go towards helping you in your “misdemeanor”

If it is another supervisor calling you in, that will give you one last chance to snot someone :laughing:

Or you could take the decision that I am getting paid anyway, why should I get out of bed for them.

surely the point is that THEY suspended you, so if they can’t cover your shift…tough! they should of thought about that first.

I’d be tempted to refuse…

They cant have it both ways.

I guess its according to what you got suspended for? going back in may help in the hearing or even squash it maybe…

i got invited to a disciplinary hearing for unsafe driving practice… but cos they allowed me to drive for 4 days between being notified and the hearing and the fact they had,nt offered any further training ect it got squashed…

the unsafe driving was infact having a drink of pop at the wheel…

Seems like they really aren’t that bothered, I’d be inclined to say “course I’ll work, just take me off this disciplinary and then we’ll say no more of it”

Scarab:
Seems like they really aren’t that bothered, I’d be inclined to say “course I’ll work, just take me off this disciplinary and then we’ll say no more of it”

I like this ^ and make sure it’s completely dead and buried!