Question to Stobart trampers?

If driver work for trampers in Stobart group can you change and do just shift job??How easy ??or not possible??

Depends on what work is available

Andrejs:
If driver work for trampers in Stobart group can you change and do just shift job??How easy ??or not possible??

Why would you want to do that ,our permanent trampers say there earning £200 p.w more than they were on days/ nights ,they get more sleep ,there not chased to get back as there’s no night shift/ day shift driver waiting for there truck ,they don’t have to sit in the canteen for 3/4/5 hrs until they’ve done 10hrs ,they don’t get stupid request to empty the bins ,weed the yard etc ( told to zb off ) ,they have there own truck which is parked up and not allowed to be used on there rota days off ,they don’t endbup running out of hours ,sleeping at some tesco store with no night out gear etc etc etc etc etc

dozy:

Andrejs:

Why would you want to do that ,our permanent trampers say there earning £200 p.w more than they were on days/ nights ,they get more sleep ,there not chased to get back as there’s no night shift/ day shift driver waiting for there truck ,they don’t have to sit in the canteen for 3/4/5 hrs until they’ve done 10hrs ,they don’t get stupid request to empty the bins ,weed the yard etc ( told to zb off ) ,they have there own truck which is parked up and not allowed to be used on there rota days off ,they don’t endbup running out of hours ,sleeping at some tesco store with no night out gear etc etc etc etc etc

I have work now at one company where wages much more high but i work 4 on,4 off and do just fridges job.I was working for Stobart from agency.My present job not bad ,but i think in future i try change to Stobart,because i like do different job -shop delivery,curtainside,delivery/collection from as much as possible place.Not very liked boaring job ,company where need delivery for 10 place and nothing more;
Life to short to stay at one company and do just fridges job.If i am apply for Stobart ,i will try to trampers,but nobody can said who for some reason drivers will do tramping long,long time-family,health reason and much more.
And not very liked work by 4 on 4 off stile.Sunday must rest go to Church and no work.

dozy:
they have their own truck which is parked up and not allowed to be used on there rota days off

That isn’t entirely true. My mate is ready for jacking because of this. He reckons the planners send out the tramper’s motors at weekends just for the hell of it, while the day motors are left parked up. He is ■■■■■■ off because of the mess left inside in his brand new motor, and evidence of tossers going through his own personal kit, when he starts his week on a Tues am, especially as he keeps it spotless inside all week himself.when he’s away.

robroy:

dozy:
they have their own truck which is parked up and not allowed to be used on there rota days off

That isn’t entirely true. My mate is ready for jacking because of this. He reckons the planners send out the tramper’s motors at weekends just for the hell of it, while the day motors are left parked up. He is ■■■■■■ off because of the mess left inside in his brand new motor, and evidence of tossers going through his own personal kit, when he starts his week on a Tues am, especially as he keeps it spotless inside all week himself.when he’s away.

We’ve got all new 15 plates and they are checked for damage / cleanliness when they return to the depot by t.o ,if there not spotless inside then you don’t go until they are ( which is right, about time ) ,and it does seem to be working rob ( 99% of the time I don’t agree with the boss but on this one I think he’s got it right .
Some of our new trucks have been lent to other depots as there short and those depots have been instructed not to under any circumstances let agency drive them .
The ( depot) are on a real crusade to keep these trucks as new ,spotless inside ,long may it continue .
Our trampers trucks on flat work are only allowed to be used by one driver ,it gets parked up on days there off ( but do get used when on holiday ) ,but only by one driver ,holiday relief .
but did have a trampers truck the other week ,sat , but that was general one and I think they can be used if desperate for a truck ,but was checked with a fine tooth Combe when I got back and passed .
Think it’s who you are ,how well in you are rob ,some of our are real empire builders :exclamation: :exclamation:

robroy:
He reckons the planners send out the tramper’s motors at weekends just for the hell of it, while the day motors are left parked up.

A major bone of contention at our place too that is. I’ve come in on a Monday after a weekend off to find the motor designated to me has done 2000km over that time while the hired in for a week or two units haven’t moved. That is all down to spiteful planners imo. I’ve found the secret is to place my keys in the office out of their reach and as they’re too bone idle to get up and move they’ll give out another set instead.

Of course having a “reserve defect” saved up for the weekend saves it going out too as they can’t use a vehicle with any kind of defect and the fitter doesn’t start 'till 10pm Sunday! :wink:

the maoster:

robroy:
He reckons the planners send out the tramper’s motors at weekends just for the hell of it, while the day motors are left parked up.

A major bone of contention at our place too that is. I’ve come in on a Monday after a weekend off to find the motor designated to me has done 2000km over that time while the hired in for a week or two units haven’t moved. That is all down to spiteful planners imo. I’ve found the secret is to place my keys in the office out of their reach and as they’re too bone idle to get up and move they’ll give out another set instead.

Of course having a “reserve defect” saved up for the weekend saves it going out too as they can’t use a vehicle with any kind of defect and the fitter doesn’t start 'till 10pm Sunday! :wink:

Or accidentally on purpose take the keys home in your pocket & hope they can’t find or have access to the spare set.
I did this the other week & one of the directors rang me asking where the keys were (whoops) she’d gone in on the Saturday afternoon & did a key/vehicle check, I just said “Oh’ they’re I found them in my pocket when I got home” [emoji6]
(can’t really use that excuse again for a while now [emoji57])

Have you considered the reason the hire trucks don’t move, is because if they don’t move they don’t get charged for that days hire?

peirre:
Have you considered the reason the hire trucks don’t move, is because if they don’t move they don’t get charged for that days hire?

The ones our lot hire charge irrespective. Although I should have said “the numerous demo units” that we have don’t move.

the maoster:

peirre:

The ones our lot hire charge irrespective. Although I should have said “the numerous demo units” that we have don’t move.

Same at our place, doesn’t matter if they turn a wheel that day they will still be charged.

I would never expect ‘my’ motor to not get used on my days off. I’d always take valuables & personal/private items like photos out for my days off. Companies buy trucks to make money, not sit there doing nothing for 100+ days of the year, especially if like Stobarts it’s a 24/7 operation.

Honestly, i’ve been bored to death so many times by drivers kicking off about the state of their wagon upon there return & then when shown the ‘mess’ I can barely see what the issue is. :unamused:

rob22888:
I would never expect ‘my’ motor to not get used on my days off. I’d always take valuables & personal/private items like photos out for my days off. Companies buy trucks to make money, not sit there doing nothing for 100+ days of the year, especially if like Stobarts it’s a 24/7 operation.

Honestly, i’ve been bored to death so many times by drivers kicking off about the state of their wagon upon there return & then when shown the ‘mess’ I can barely see what the issue is. :unamused:

Agreed. Only problem is when they give it to an agency tramper, with every intention of getting it back to me to start my shift, and then his route gets changed, and I don’t get it until 36 hours later.

I seriously don’t expect our place to buy, say, 50 extra trucks just to keep the likes of me from having a good old whinge.

the maoster:

robroy:

A major bone of contention at our place too that is. I’ve come in on a Monday after a weekend off to find the motor designated to me has done 2000km over that time while the hired in for a week or two units haven’t moved. That is all down to spiteful planners imo.

Those complaining should remember who owns the wagon and who pays the bills on it and who is responsible for making sure it earns enough money to pay those bills. If the complainers want their own motor then buy one and pay all the bills.

Nobody is disputing the fact that a truck has to be used to it’ s full potential, but do all you obvious daymen/agency men actually think that a tramper is being unreasonable expecting another driver to respectfully maintain the standard of cleanliness and tidiness that was set by him. bearing in mind he has to virtually live in it ?.. :unamused: ffs.
If I get into somebody elses designated motor I will go out of my way to keep it tidy, it’s called respect and good manners :bulb: , but I suppose these differing opinions say a lot about my principles…and yours.

Conor:
Those complaining should remember who owns the wagon and who pays the bills on it and who is responsible for making sure it earns enough money to pay those bills. If the complainers want their own motor then buy one and pay all the bills.

+1

I think there’s been some story telling going on ,my mate told me he’s £200 p.w better off tramping than days ,maximum hours .
First day while he’s off ,12 hrs and now parked up for 13 hrs :unamused: :unamused: ,I do as many hours on days
So I recon your about £90 n/o money better off ,and you end up parked at a dump with no showers :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: eating multi grain breakfast bars :unamused: :unamused: and ■■■■■■■ in a bottle in the middle of the night .
Zb the £90 ,I’d rather gammon ,new tates ,veg ( she rang me on purpose :unamused: ) a shower and a toilet :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
9 days to go so still time to change my mind ,but it’s not looking good

robroy:
Nobody is disputing the fact that a truck has to be used to it’ s full potential, but do all you obvious daymen/agency men actually think that a tramper is being unreasonable expecting another driver to respectfully maintain the standard of cleanliness and tidiness that was set by him. bearing in mind he has to virtually live in it ?.. :unamused: ffs.
If I get into somebody elses designated motor I will go out of my way to keep it tidy, it’s called respect and good manners :bulb: , but I suppose these differing opinions say a lot about my principles…and yours.

+1 googleplex

Why do you think it’s called tramping ?
By the end of the week you look like one.
Unless you are agency then you will look like one before you start your week.

Matford:
Why do you think it’s called tramping ?
By the end of the week you look like one.

You speak for yourself mate. If you come back looking like a tramp you aint doing it properly. I assume you must be o/n parking in ■■■■ hole lay bys, and not showering or changing all week. I choose not to, and if I had to do any, or all of these I wouldn’t do the job. :bulb: