Question- Strapping

Hi,
I’ve been told I need to secure a full load of compacted plastic bottles (in bales). It’s a divisible load on a Taut liner. How would you secure this load?
It’s baffling me.

Never done them but I’m speculating that they’re probably stacked two high and cube shaped? I’d also speculate that even two high there’s less than 400 kg per stack? If so then surely internals will suffice. If you ain’t happy with that then a ratchet strap across each stack will do. It’s not as if you can damage them is it?

Cheers The Maoster,

I was thinking that, it’s stacked 3 high. I’ll check but I doubt they’d be more than 100kg a bale.
They’re stacked too high to use ratchets on them and right to the back that a X will be a battle.

Was just looking for opinions for a plan b in case I needed it.

A divisible load as opposed to an indivisible load?

These are what Velux Windows supplied us with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a load a few years back and just used internals. It was summer and after parking overnight with the bales on the smell was awful. All the residue of what ever was in the bottles seeped out into the trailer deck, a sticky smelly mess complete with flies and maggots. I had to get the trailer washed inside before I could backload

Diripio:
I’ve been told I need to secure a full load of compacted plastic bottles (in bales)

That’s soda pressing.

ezydriver:

Diripio:
I’ve been told I need to secure a full load of compacted plastic bottles (in bales)

That’s soda pressing.

Ba-dum-tish :laughing:

Saw an eog loading waste paper bales in slough recently and as they load from 1 side he looped the straps over after 3 bales had been loaded and pushed across then repeated for other 2 stacks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

truckertang:
Saw an eog loading waste paper bales in slough recently and as they load from 1 side he looped the straps over after 3 bales had been loaded and pushed across then repeated for other 2 stacks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thats alright if they allow you to get out of the cab, plenty of yards wont let you anywhere near the loading process :open_mouth:

Then try and get the internals in position, virtually impossible, and this type of operation never have the correct equipment to get your ratchets over [see the steps @ Velux in a previous post], so you are on your own, especially when they want you on the weightbridge PDQ and off their site :imp:

H&S…yeh, right oh