Question on recording of Working Hours

Quick question on how to record my working hours, This past week I have been working as a mix of a 2 days as a driver mate, 1 day as a second driver under EU rules, and 1 day driving a bus over domestic rules.

For the day I was a second driver I have print out, and when I was driving the bus I also have manually written down my duty. But when I am out working as a drivers mate in a truck should I record this on the tachograph, or keep a manual entry for the week?

Also lastly is there is a easy/lazy way of keeping track of driving and working hour? I have tried trucker timer as a app on my phone, which I found good but had some limits. Last thing I want to do is go over my hours due a mistake in my counting.

Easiest way to record times as driver’s mate and 2nd driver is to put your card in the 2nd slot. You just need to remember to (get the driver to) change your activity to Other Work at each drop, as most digi tachographs will default to recording POA while the vehicle is moving (you can’t change this) and Break while the vehicle is stationary.

Roymondo:
Easiest way to record times as driver’s mate and 2nd driver is to put your card in the 2nd slot. You just need to remember to (get the driver to) change your activity to Other Work at each drop, as most digi tachographs will default to recording POA while the vehicle is moving (you can’t change this) and Break while the vehicle is stationary.

Thanks you, I will do this tomorrow.

If you travelling in a vehicle with a tachograph it is best to record your work on the tachograph, with your card in slot 2, even if you have no intention of driving the vehicle during the shift.

If you are doing other work that isn’t in a tachograph vehicle I would recommend doing manual records on printer paper or an analogue chart.