Question on insurance

How do you know if you are covered by their insurance to drive a vehicle when you turn up at a depot /yard as an agency driver, sorry if it seems a stupid question, just want to be sure :smiley:

hi Bonnie lass

Ive never even thought of this to be honest , but im sure that as you are being employed to go into a client by the agency the insurance will be there as they will have insurance for agency drivers , ie : you have been employed to work for them so they have th insurance in place for casual workers ,
When i go into a company they copy your licence , digi card etc im sure thats to prove you are on the books :smiley:

but if in doubt ask :bulb:

jenx

Hi jennie

I thought maybe it was something along those lines, but wasn’t sure :confused: :blush: Thanks for your reply jennie, Happy Trucking :smiley:

If stooped out on the road with a company vehicle and its found that no insurance is held then its the company and not the driver who gets it big time

Cheers Rog, i’m taking it all on board :smiley:

ye , you cant be expected to be responsible for everything ,somethings as you have been told are totally beyond your control or responsability :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers :smiley:

ROG:
If stooped out on the road with a company vehicle and its found that no insurance is held then its the company and not the driver who gets it big time

i believe thats incorrect a friend recently prosecuted for said offence driving without insurance on company vehicle his boss forgot to renew policy friend got 3 points and a fine

JJ192:

ROG:

i believe thats incorrect a friend recently prosecuted for said offence driving without insurance on company vehicle his boss forgot to renew policy friend got 3 points and a fine

Thats the first I have ever heard of - I would dig deeper because it does not seem right

Insurance offences carry a minimum of 6 points and there is a defence against using an uninsured company vehicle.

pattersonlaw.co.uk/No-Insura … urance.php

Defences for No Insurance

There are very few defences to driving without insurance. The only real defence is to argue that either you were not driving or that you were insured. Driving under the mistaken belief that you were insured at the time of the alleged offence is not a defence! No insurance is a strict liability offence. This means that it does not matter whether or not you meant to commit the offence - if, as a matter of fact, you did not have insurance in place at the time you were driving, then you are guilty. It is also a defence to be driving in the course of your employment and to be able to show the Court that your employer was responsible for insuring you and that you genuinely believed that there was proper insurance in place.

At the start of every driving test the candidates signs a declaration that reads:

“I declare that ---- The use of the test vehicle for the purposes of the test is fully covered by a valid policy of insurance which satisifes the requirements of the relevant legislation”

How many trainees ask to actually see the insurance ?

any driver policy, thats what we have at my work anyway

Thank you very much everybody for replies , I’m taking it all in :slight_smile:

Your the driver its your responsibility for everything before you take that truck anywhere.