Question - How much life in a Scania Fridge?

A novice question for you.

I am a Class 1 trucker of many years driving, and find myself in unfamiliar territory.

I have been asked to spend a couple of weeks driving a 26T Rigid Scania 270 Fridge (on hire; Carrier Fridge; ex Corby Chilled) around the country(!!). The Fridge runs on red diesel, but there is no dip stick to show how full the diesel tank is, and I cannot let the diesel run out or I will have to find another job!!

How long will the diesel in the tank last, if I have to run the fridge all day and all night at 4degrees??
Should I be filling up every 12 hours / 24 hours / ■■?

Any assistance will be gratefully received.
Thank you

RD7:
The Fridge runs on red diesel, but there is no dip stick to show how full the diesel tank is, and I cannot let the diesel run out or I will have to find another job!!

Get yourself one of either - a bit of dowel, a garden cane, a big stick, a wooden folding ruler as used by builders, joiners etc, an old bit of broomstick, a CB aerial or even the cab tilt bar and you have a dipstick for the cherry tank. :stuck_out_tongue:

DO YOU KNOW how much the tank holds
if so you can work out how many cms equal
Liters. this is how we worked when having
to do the fuel tank checks at the borders
before it was free and easy ,as 200only
was allowed , another tip carry a 20liter
jerry can if you are really worried, out side
in a side box,

Coffeeholic - having just finished reading your latest diary, your advice is equally entertaining!

Thank you brit pete - jerry can - great advice

As a rough guide-a VERY rough guide,our fridges,when set to +3 use roughly 9 litres of diesel in an 11 hour shift.

I suppose it depends on the time of year-in the winter less and in a hot summer, more.

That is on a stop-start setting rather than running constantly.

Hope this helps you!