Question for the fridge men

Sorry in advance if this is a dumb-■■■ question :blush: just need an argument settled, if you are carrying plants and/or flowers set on chill, is it necessary to have fridge running when parked overnight, or will temperature remain constantly low enough until you re-start in morning.

From a customer point of view, yes you should have the fridge on at all times set to their required temp, but the reality is it never happens with plants. I never ran the fridge at all doing plants simply because a) no-one ever checked it and b) when was the last time you saw a plant refridgerator at B&Q? They sit there indoor and outdoors in all weathers and temperatures so I’m pretty sure they can cope with a few hours in a dark trailer without curling up and dying.

Flowers are never set to a chill setting, but are always carried at +3…well thats the setting told to us at World of Flowers…as for the overnight fridge running…i normally turn the fridge off at night regardless of what i am carrying…but there are occasions where i drop the trailer and park behind it…so as not to disturb my beauty sleep. :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:
From a customer point of view, yes you should have the fridge on at all times set to their required temp, but the reality is it never happens with plants. I never ran the fridge at all doing plants simply because a) no-one ever checked it and b) when was the last time you saw a plant refridgerator at B&Q? They sit there indoor and outdoors in all weathers and temperatures so I’m pretty sure they can cope with a few hours in a dark trailer without curling up and dying.

Cheers Rob, I kinda thought that myself, had a difference of opinion with a guy who decided to park up next to me the other night (although the park area had loads of room) got my point across although my Romanian aint that good :laughing: but I still ended up moving to other end of park :unamused:

It maybe the romanian had needed to provide a printout from fridge of journey for his delivery point , so

in that case he would have had no choice but to leave it running, he could have parked where you had

to move to in the first place . I never park near anyone if possible when I am running fridge overnight .

I wouldn’t turn my fridge off. If the customer has paid for a fridge the customer gets a fridge.

truckyboy:
Flowers are never set to a chill setting, but are always carried at +3…well thats the setting told to us at World of Flowers…as for the overnight fridge running…i normally turn the fridge off at night regardless of what i am carrying…but there are occasions where i drop the trailer and park behind it…so as not to disturb my beauty sleep. :laughing: :laughing:

That is the bit I love, it would be brilliant to see the look on the drivers face when he wakes up and the trailer has gone :laughing:

Scanny77’s the plant expert is he not?

switchlogic:
I wouldn’t turn my fridge off. If the customer has paid for a fridge the customer gets a fridge.

Spot on mate,makes you laugh when you hear them going on about not being able to sleep with it running :exclamation: Its something that you get used to in my experience :unamused:

switchlogic:

same as that, cos the last time i turned it off to make a fonecall just after leaving depo, i forget about it until 3 hours later when i was pullin into the back of the store but no harm done and numpty on the back door didnt notice :blush:

205:

switchlogic:
but no harm done and numpty on the back door didnt notice :blush:

Now he is a numpty, he would have been a power struck little Hitler if he had refused the load. It wasn’t him who forget to push the start button :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
Scanny77’s the plant expert is he not?

I was going to say that earlier but it’s wasted here as he doesn’t come here anymore. :frowning: Bit like Alex with the seat belts. :smiley: :laughing:

switchlogic:

Yep I fully agree with this especially if the customer asks for a trip print rather than a delivery print out out before accepting delivery - Err sorry boss they rejected the entire load because I wanted a good nights sleep :laughing: