Question for Tachograph or anyone else

Last week I did 58.8 hours over Sun to Fri.

So my weekly rest is reduced by 4.5 hours.

I know that has to be paid back. Sun to Thurs is my normal working week. Usually around 6pm on a Sunday.

I’m planning on working overtime Friday next week so 6 shifts next week.

However this week so far I have been off tacho the whole week. Shunting and one day on CPC course. Sent by the company in my own car paid for by them and paid to attend.

Can I work an extra shift this week off tacho again on Friday or not?

I’m thinking no is the answer unless I work Friday this week and don’t work Friday next week.

It depends what you’ll be doing on Sunday.

If you don’t drive in-scope of EU regulations this week (Monday to Sunday) you don’t have to have a weekly rest period.

So if you’re not driving on public roads any time this week, that includes the coming Sunday after your weekly rest period, you can legally work Friday.

However if you drive in-scope of EU regulations anytime this week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday) you need to have a regular weekly rest period this weekend.

You cannot legally have only reduced weekly rest periods in 2 consecutive weeks in-scope of EU regulations.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:
It depends what you’ll be doing on Sunday.

If you don’t drive in-scope of EU regulations this week (Monday to Sunday) you don’t have to have a weekly rest period.

So if you’re not driving on public roads any time this week, that includes the coming Sunday after your weekly rest period, you can legally work Friday.

However if you drive in-scope of EU regulations anytime this week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday) you need to have a regular weekly rest period this weekend.

You cannot legally have only reduced weekly rest periods in 2 consecutive weeks in-scope of EU regulations.

Sent from my mobile.

Pretty much as I expected although I fully expect I’ll be shunting on Sunday back to driving on Monday or Tuesday so yeah this weekend is a no go. I thought as much but just wanted clarification.

Oh and thanks for the quick reply.