Question for HATO'S

The motorway traffic flow information on your website i was wondering how often it is updated/refreshed as i used it Monday a few times and it seemed pretty much spot on.

bald bloke:
The motorway traffic flow information on your website i was wondering how often it is updated/refreshed as i used it Monday a few times and it seemed pretty much spot on.

Must have been an off day then :wink:

Come on there must some HATO’S out there somewhere.

bald bloke:
Come on there must some HATO’S out there somewhere.

yeah but they be toooooooo embarrassed to fess up that HA got something right. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Will from trucker :confused: to HATO :stuck_out_tongue: to Highways desk jockey do :stuck_out_tongue:

Was it here ?
trafficengland.com/index.aspx

At the end is frequently asked questions, it is constantly monitored by anpr etc between junctions and some of the ‘identifying’ data removed from what i can gather, there are also the road loops measuring real time speed.
trafficengland.com/faq.aspx#a39

They have also trialled floating vehicle data adn are using it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_car_data

There you go! Speedyguy has found you the answers. :slight_smile:
It does tend to be reasonably correct. I use it for the parts of the network where we don’t have any CCTV.

Ok thanks i’ve got my answer.

Google maps app for you smart phone shows traffic flow now, very accurate as they pull info in from the waze app as well, that’s good too but you need it running all the time, I just dip my finger in from time to time to check.

The traffic master app is good also but not as accurate as google maps although it is clearer to look at & there’s a small charge.