Question for Driving Instructors

Hi there,

To receive a Pass in a Driving Test you need to commit no more than 15 driving faults, with no S or D faults entered.

However, has there ever been a time where 1 of your pupils has Failed to Pass because they commited 16 driving faults with no S or D Faults? If so, do you find these situations more tense and stressful for all parties involved?

Richard
:slight_smile:

The Lyonator:
Hi there,

To receive a Pass in a Driving Test you need to commit no more than 15 driving faults, with no S or D faults entered.

However, has there ever been a time where 1 of your pupils has Failed to Pass because they commited 16 driving faults with no S or D Faults? If so, do you find these situations more tense and stressful for all parties involved?

Richard
:slight_smile:

Not had one YET - all those that got over 15 minors had Serious or Dangerous as well

Yes. It is unusual but it can happen. I have only had it happen with one or two of my trainees over the years.

Not an instructor, but it happened to me on my first C+E test. Caused by nerves, so I just kept making little slips - I basically knew what I was doing, but just couldn’t quite pull it together. :cry:

Have had someone pass with 15 minorsa before now. Examiner said sh was very close to failing. But like Rog says normally if you are that bad you wil have an S or D before then.