Question for anyone working out of cemex sites

Had the unfortunate call that i’m loading out of cemex in rugby in the morning, just to ruin my week a little more. My question being. Anyone know what time the gates open in the morning. Chasing my tail a little now.so could do with being there as early as possible but dont want to get there and find it closed.

Thanks in advance

jmc:
Had the unfortunate call that i’m loading out of cemex in rugby in the morning, just to ruin my week a little more. My question being. Anyone know what time the gates open in the morning. Chasing my tail a little now.so could do with being there as early as possible but dont want to get there and find it closed.

Thanks in advance

Used to load out of there on nights a few years ago so as far as I’m aware they’re open 24 hours.

Is that for bagged cement?

jmc:

It was bagged or bulk. Used to work at Cemex, Snodland and loaded out of Rugby about 10pm each night.

Def open 24hrs. Don’t forget your orange

Ah ■■■■■■■■ would have went right in and loaded tonight if i knew that

Make sure you have all your h+s stuff with or they won’t be happy. If you haven’t been there before the like to give you an induction and a nice little blue card.

And a white card too, just in case the blue one gets lonely in your wallet

If you’ve not got your orange they’ll lend you some, although a bit like when you forgot your PE kit at school it’ll be all the manky cast-offs that every tramp has worn, and you’ll have to keep it on even if you wait in the cab while they load you!

That place really is one of the biggest ■■■■■■■■■ in the uk for loading,thank cluck idont go there anymore.

I’m so glad I don’t do general any more.

Bread is so much easier :grimacing:

mb14
as a ex rugby cement driver (retired) I just wondered what the problem with loading is.
regards
sm1

used to take sand into Rugby.they made me put my sheet back on even though i was empty.

I was impressed this time really. After almost 20mi s just to get onto site with all the h&s billocks and wearing enough ho bis to be seen from space it only took an hour and a half to get loaded. Last time i was in there 6 hours. Still had to use the toll road as i couldnt be arsed to battle my way through birmingham at 8am

wing-nut:

jmc:

It was bagged or bulk. Used to work at Cemex, Snodland and loaded out of Rugby about 10pm each night.

wing nut used to work for ak transport out of snodland had some good times down there ak used to send us in for a week at a timeblue daff xf and felbinda tanks good lads down at snodland miss the old place regards rod :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

snowman1:
mb14
as a ex rugby cement driver (retired) I just wondered what the problem with loading is.
regards
sm1

do you remember ak transport mate drove for them 14 years 6 of us based at rugby good job years a go still sea charley jhones abought :smiley: :smiley: