Question for Agency Drivers re WTD

What is your agency doing about the WTD?

Are they responsible for monitoring the hours you work for them. Have you been issued with new time sheets showing work, rest and poa’s? Have you been given a reference period? Have they given you any information re WTD?

If I were answering my own questions, the answer would be a big fat No to all of the above.

Disclaimer received from agency for me to sign stating I understand and will abide by WTD. (Is this a cop out?)

I will be keeping a note of my work, rest and poa’s anyway, but I have no idea what sort of reference period to use. Can anyone help?

I’ve been with my current workplace for a year now. They say WTD doesn’t apply to them, we are on a 48 hour week! I say “What about when we run over”? “What do we show on tacho’s for poa’s, other work?” “What happens if my working time runs into a night time period.”

They also think they could have me working 7 days a week under the new WTD. LOL. They think it replaces drivers hours regs. LOL.

I don’t mean to slag them off, they are a good bunch and don’t want you to run bent at all, but the word ostrich springs to mind.

It looks like we will be disagreeing and I’ll be going my own sweet way on this one.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble…

Daff

I know what my agency WILL be doing, but thats only cos I get the inside gossip. They are implementing a computer system that’ll deal with the record/timekeeping aspect but of course all the staff need trained up on it first.

daff:
What is your agency doing about the WTD?
[/quote

Sending me a for to say I know what I’m doing with it :unamused:.

Seriousley, the one I have just registered with seem pretty good :open_mouth:. They’ve given me a load of paperwork to read through (which is in reasonabley plain english and spot on so far as I can see) and a form to sign.

Are they responsible for monitoring the hours you work for them. Have you been issued with new time sheets showing work, rest and poa’s? Have you been given a reference period? Have they given you any information re WTD?

Not for me, because I work through more than one agency :unamused: so I’m responsible for it. Although, if you work for just the one, the it’s down to them :wink:. I was going to take the longer (I think 26 week) rolling reference period, rather than the shorter one, as it gives me a bit more leeway. Timesheets will be filled in at the clients, I’ll have a copy with POA’s etc and they will be faxed to the agency :wink:.

If I were answering my own questions, the answer would be a big fat No to all of the above.

Disclaimer received from agency for me to sign stating I understand and will abide by WTD. (Is this a cop out?)

Not if you just work for them, they have to watch your hours.

I will be keeping a note of my work, rest and poa’s anyway, but I have no idea what sort of reference period to use. Can anyone help?

For now, the WTD’s been put back, as they’ve decided the rolling reference period’s unworkable :unamused:. That’s what I’ve been told anyway, so let’s see what happens.

I’ve been with my current workplace for a year now. They say WTD doesn’t apply to them, we are on a 48 hour week! I say “What about when we run over”? “What do we show on tacho’s for poa’s, other work?” “What happens if my working time runs into a night time period.”

They also think they could have me working 7 days a week under the new WTD. LOL. They think it replaces drivers hours regs. LOL.

Tachograph law takes preedence.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble…

Daff

No problem, I’ve shifted your post to the Safety, Law and WTD forum, their’s an idiots guide at the top of it. I’m not sure about working time running into nights myself :unamused:.

they have a course lined up for us this saturday. they claim to have a computer system set up and new time sheets

regardless of what they are doing, i have my own sheets printed up and i will be copying every single tacho to keep with my own time sheets as evidence.

at the end of the day, it makes sense to keep myself legal rather than rely on someone else to look after god knows how many drivers