Question about weekly rest/holidays

I’m not normally one to have to ask questions about hours ect but I’m just not 100% on this one…
This week I should be in Mon-Fri with Sat/Sun being my weekly rest,but I’ve booked off today and tommorow as holiday so could I work on Saturday as would today and tommorow count as my weekly rest? I think yes BUT is holiday classes as rest because we are booked 8.5hrs for holiday days on our time sheets.

You need at least a weekly rest and a reduced weekly rest in 2 fixed weeks where the week is between the start of Monday and the end of Sunday.
So, yes you could except you can only work 144 hours/ 6 shifts from one weekly rest to the next. You’d then need another weekly rest by the end of Wednesday next week.

What you get paid for or what goes towards WTD has absolutely nothing to do with driver tacho EU regs

For the EU regs if you are not on shift for 24+ hours then you are on REST

Today and tomorrow being over 45 hours off would be counted as a regular weekly rest for this current fixed week Mon 27th to Sun 2nd

mick.mh2racing:
You need at least a weekly rest and a reduced weekly rest in 2 fixed weeks where the week is between the start of Monday and the end of Sunday.
So, yes you could except you can only work 144 hours/ 6 shifts from one weekly rest to the next. You’d then need another weekly rest by the end of Wednesday next week.

I’m off next Monday as my rota day off so that will cover it,thanks

ROG:
What you get paid for or what goes towards WTD has absolutely nothing to do with driver tacho EU regs

For the EU regs if you are not on shift for 24+ hours then you are on REST

Today and tomorrow being over 45 hours off would be counted as a regular weekly rest for this current fixed week Mon 27th to Sun 2nd

Ok thanks,I’ll be going in Saturday for an extra shift then.

Apart from the max 144 hours between 2 weekly rests (two periods of 24+ hours off) your next regular 45+ regular weekly rest must start no later than 2359 on Sunday 16th August

ROG:
Apart from the max 144 hours between 2 weekly rests (two periods of 24+ hours off) your next regular 45+ regular weekly rest must start no later than 2359 on Sunday 16th August

Can’t that be extended to 3 weeks?
My shift pattern has changed,I’m off Sun/Monday then my next 2 days off together ain’t til 20th/21st August ,I have odd days off in between this but not two days together

ckm1981:

ROG:

My shift pattern has changed,I’m off Sun/Monday then my next 2 days off together ain’t til 20th/21st August ,I have odd days off in between this but not two days together

If I have this wrong then correct me please as its not to clear to me exactly what your days off will be …

Off this tue + wed = regular weekly rest for 27/7 to 02/8
Off sun + mon = regular weekly rest for 03/8 to 09/8
Off ? = reduced weekly rest for 10/8 to 16/8
Off 20/8 + 21/8 = regular weekly rest for 17/8 to 23/8

reg reg red reg = looks legal to me

ROG:

ckm1981:

ROG:

If I have this wrong then correct me please as its not to clear to me exactly what your days off will be …

Off?= I’m off Wednesday that week.
Should of said we don’t work Sunday’s at all.

ckm1981:

ROG:

ckm1981:

ROG:

Off?= I’m off Wednesday that week.
Should of said we don’t work Sunday’s at all.

Still ok legally

Ok thanks ROG,this new rota they have given us has seen a few drivers getting infringements for insufficient weekly rests.

ckm1981:
Ok thanks ROG,this new rota they have given us has seen a few drivers getting infringements for insufficient weekly rests.

If it is a repeating rota over X amount of weeks then feel free to post it on here so I can take a look over it

Example -
work mon tue wed thu
off fri
work sat
off sun
work mon tue
off wed
etc