Question about tacho/work times

Hi. I have had a search through but I just want to make sure.
If I work Mon to Fri 7:30 to 16:30 with an hours break within the day, the work dose not involve any work requiring a tacho card. Could I do a driving job on the weekends? Thanks in advance.

As long as you have at-least 24 consecutive hours off you could legally do a HGV driving shift every other weekend.

If you could work it so you have at-least 45 consecutive hours off you could legally do a HGV driving shift every weekend, but the timing would be a bit too tight to be realistic.

Thanks Tachograph.
Would I need to keep a diary with my weeks work in it to avoid doing a manual entry? Should this include driving to and from where I am working during the week?

In weeks that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you need to keep records of any other work done in the same week, these records can be just the start and finish times, the date and your name.

According to the DVSA booklet GV262 the records for none driving days should be on tachograph charts or printouts, a notebook may do but I can’t vouch for it.

Driving to and from work is not normally counted as working time and does not need to be recorded.

These records should be carried with you when your driving HGVs for 28 days, you can then bin them if you want to.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’m new to this, as you can tell, so I am sure I will be back to ask more question.

The drivers hours

gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … s-vehicles

Even when driving I keep a diary of my start & finish times this is for my records

animal:
The drivers hours

gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … s-vehicles

Even when driving I keep a diary of my start & finish times this is for my records

I keep a couple of records of my hours, time sheets, diaries, printouts etc

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk