Question about Initial CPC

I have been asked a question that I just cannot find the definitive answer to:-

A person passed his car test in 2000. He then passed a category ‘D’ PCV test in 2002. Since the introduction of Driver CPC for PCV in 2008 he has completed the entire 35 hours periodic training and been issued the Driver Qualification card.

He now wants to take the LGV Cat ‘C’ test and has asked if he needs to take the Mod 2 and Mod 4 initial exams for the LGV.

This is an unusual situation and any suggestions would be appreciated. Perhaps someone has come across this one before.

Regards

He still needs to do initial LGV mods 2 & 4 as it is specific to LGV (as well as mods 1a, 1b & 3)

Had he done PCV initial then an intial dcpc conversion test can be done but this is not the case in the one you describe

As he has done all the periodic Dcpc then the DQC should be updated to read expiry dates for everything 5 years from when he passes the LGV mod 4 test but I will double check this as soon as I can by calling the tel. no. in my signature below

ADD - I checked - Initial mods 1 to 4 needed for LGV - New DQC issued after passing mod 4 with all expiry dates listed as 09/09/2019 …

… unless they change their minds… we are talking DSA here :wink: