Query regarding experience

Hey guys, as per title really.

I passed my Class 2 back in December last year and have since had a right mare finding any work both because of my age (24) and no experience. I didn’t give up though and one got day got a call from an Agency saying they got some work for me doing multi-drop in a 3.5T curtain sider. I’ve been doing it for a couple of weeks and I’m really enjoying to be fair, however I got a call from another Agency the other day and it’s got me thinking.

When applying for Perm jobs within companies for class 2 work, am I able to class what I’m doing now as experience? I know it’s not a Class 2 vehicle but its not a car either. I’ve still had to consider the size and weight of the vehicle when negotiating routes, ensure loads are secure, complete daily checks of the vehicle etc… I would be interested to hear an Employers prospective on this.

In regards to the other Agency, I’ve still got to find a minute to follow up the call but I was left a voice mail claiming it was driving work on an on-going basis, driving what I don’t know but should it be Class 2 work would it be more beneficial to take that than to carry on what I’m doing now if my end-game is to drive Class 1 vehicles? The predicament I’m in is that my current job pays quite well, it’s easy work and I’m enjoying it, I’d be gutted to leave it for a ‘■■■■’ job that only ends lasting a week because as we all know Agencies will tell you anything and then end up being out of work again for weeks. But if its what I have to do to get the experience then I may have to bite the bullet…

I’m interested to hear your thoughts on this…

Thanks guys,