Quernhow

Came past Quernhow the other day, there is a ‘Sold subject to contract’ sign up.
Anybody heard who has got it?

I remember when that place was a really good cafe before it turned to ■■■■ for last 10 or so years.

Let’s hope they make a decent place of it,.as it has got potential.
A bit of competition for that overpriced inadequate new park that replaced ‘The Derry’ maybe.

robroy:
Came past Quernhow the other day, there is a ‘Sold subject to contract’ sign up.

I remember when that place was a really good cafe before it turned to [zb] for last 10 or so years.

A bit of competition for that overpriced inadequate new park that replaced ‘The Derry’ maybe.

i noticed that last week n yes in the right hands that place could be a little goldmine

The derry was canny when the blond polish lass had it she was well fit :laughing: :laughing:

Love the first accent… Away the lads…cockney meself…last visit man’d by polish staff 8 month ago.don’t know what went wrong… But it’s another place that will go down in the hall of fame for good or bad in truckers history…

robroy:

I remember when that place was a really good cafe before it turned to [zb] for last 10 or so years.

Spoke to an Alfred Hymas driver t’other day and he told me that Hymas has bought it to use as an operating centre for his wagons. They’re still operating from a small village near Ripon and wanted to be at a site more fit for purpose.

Matt.

Interesting - work for them pt next time i am in the yard will ask - their current yard is full to overflowing on a weekend and a bit of a nightmare to get into.