Quernhow cafe A1 warning

Nice quiet overnight stop now and it smells so much better. :laughing:

i see they have erected a nice big sign just before the ripon turn off n/b stating that overnight parking is free, cant vouch for it as i stay as far away from the place as humanley possible

I have parked there a couple of times with no problems only once had something to eat there never again my stomach was killing me all night. The food was rank and the toilets and showers were bogging they would have a brass neck if they charged for parking.

scotstrucker:
i see they have erected a nice big sign just before the ripon turn off n/b stating that overnight parking is free, cant vouch for it as i stay as far away from the place as humanley possible

well my work mate parked here on wedensday night due too having no time left too get further up the road, he said they charge £7 for overnight parking with a meal too the value of £7, he said the food wasnt that great but the toilets were absouloutly stinking, he said there was ■■■■ all over the floor, the toilet hadnt seen a clean in at least the last 6 months, there was no hot water but the coffee was alright he said.

hopefully the new excelby truckstop will be open soon n we wont have too use the stinkin quernhow

I would rather starve and risk slashed curtains than park in this pig sty, Its such a pity most of the good places have long since gone and we are left with stinking hovels like this place. The owners and operators should hang their heads in shame. Can you possibly imagine coming across a pig sty like this in Belguim, France, Germany, Holland or Spain?? I don’t think so!!!

andy_c1982:
I have parked there a couple of times with no problems only once had something to eat there never again my stomach was killing me all night. The food was rank and the toilets and showers were bogging they would have a brass neck if they charged for parking.

Hee hee hee!!! Bogging!!! a lovely Scottish word there Andy lol though I think you were being quite generous with that descriptive term my friend!!!

I haven’t been since they upgraded the A1, but last time I was there I had a bacon butty & a cup of tea (I think) and it was ok. Not the best or worst from memory.

A lad I know saw the free parking sign, parked up as time was up, about a month ago, and was told it was an old sign and was charged for parking :open_mouth:

robroy:
A lad I know saw the free parking sign, parked up as time was up, about a month ago, and was told it was an old sign and was charged for parking :open_mouth:

I hope the Gentleman you refer to above reported the stinking vermin to local trading standards. The more complaints in about this hovel of a place…the better!!

The quernhow cafe is an international disgrace!!!

in the right hands this place could be a goldmine again but in the state and current hands that own it it never will be

Aye your right mate I am of the opinion a herd of pigs could run it better than its current proprietor! !!

You re right its a ■■■■ hole 3 years left and u new boys can make the best of it cus it ant going to get any better

Well lads you will all be glad to hear that The Quernhow is in fact closed down, I past there today and the entrance & exit is railed off, The place sadley looks a bloody mess compared to what it was in its former glory years when it first opened in the early 60s,Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well lads you will all be glad to hear that The Quernhow is in fact closed down, I past there today and the entrance & exit is railed off, The place sadley looks a bloody mess compared to what it was in its former glory years when it first opened in the early 60s,Regards Larry.

drovew past here last friday and see a sold sign up so it may be making a return

had 2 ■■■■■’s in my curtains last night whilst parked overnight.

first time i have parked there… will be the last.

lucky i didnt have a high value load on… nothing went missing

:confused:

Traz:
had 2 ■■■■■’s in my curtains last night whilst parked overnight.

first time i have parked there… will be the last.

lucky i didnt have a high value load on… nothing went missing

:confused:

Stupid question
Did you let the owners know ■■?

two of our drivers had their fuel tanks done in here last month.

:smiley:

Slashed curtains would be the last thing on my mind after an overnight stop at Quernhow! I’d be far more concerned about how many hours I’ve got left to live before the food poisoning kills me!

That place is the northern England version of the Ross-on-Wye cattle market “cafe” when it comes to food quality and hygiene. :open_mouth:

Ive never parked here but the food is [zb] awful ill never eat there again