queen liz

Carryfast:
Maybe that’s the Navy’s master plan.They hope the Russians will be so busy laughing they’ll forget about any war and the fact that our ‘carriers’ can’t actually ‘carry’ any decent aircraft won’t matter. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Why will it be incapable of carrying any decent aircraft ■■?

raymundo:

Carryfast:
Maybe that’s the Navy’s master plan.They hope the Russians will be so busy laughing they’ll forget about any war and the fact that our ‘carriers’ can’t actually ‘carry’ any decent aircraft won’t matter. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Oh god no, don’t set him off. Do you not know Carryfast is the world’s pre-eminent defence expert?..

switchlogic:

raymundo:

Carryfast:

Oh god no, don’t set him off. Do you not know Carryfast is the world’s pre-eminent defence expert?..

Where do you want this dropping ?

i’m looking forward to seeing the queen liz come ‘home’ to Pompey in a few weeks :slight_smile:

carryfast-yeti:
i’m looking forward to seeing the queen liz come ‘home’ to Pompey in a few weeks :slight_smile:

They are going to have to move all those broken down ( being updated?? :unamused: ) type 45s to make some room lol

raymundo:

Carryfast:

Because unlike a ‘proper’ one it’s got no catapult to launch them with nor arresting gear to recover them with.

youtube.com/watch?v=y3XMUBU6HLc

Now awaits blind belief in the media propaganda that the F35 will never need to dog fight and that it’s so called ‘stealth’ technology outweighs the F18’s performance advantage. :unamused:

The trouble is Carryfast that no one on this forum is qualified to comment on whether the jet is any good or not. No one. Time will tell how good it is.

The thread is about the ships in particular. This is a good moment for the Navy (about bloody time!), she looks like a purposeful ship and shows what the UK can do when we put our minds to it.

The greatest technical achievement in this country probably since the Channel Tunnel I think.

bazza123:
The trouble is Carryfast that no one on this forum is qualified to comment on whether the jet is any good or not. No one. Time will tell how good it is.

The thread is about the ships in particular. This is a good moment for the Navy (about bloody time!), she looks like a purposeful ship and shows what the UK can do when we put our minds to it.

The greatest technical achievement in this country probably since the Channel Tunnel I think.

We are qualified to comment because 1 we’re all taxpayers of one form or another and being shafted in paying for a so called ‘carrier’ that’s anything but on that basis and 2 the F35’s one trick of stealth won’t help its poor unfortunate pilots if/when their single engined piece of junk is inevitably found and then needs to get into a fight with something like an SU 33 or Mig 29K for just two examples.Which ironically have enough power and lift not to need a catapult launch anyway.

To which the answer from the defence policy makers and F35 fan boys is that the thing will never need to get into a fight with fighters.All very confidence inspiring for its unfortunate pilots I’m sure. :open_mouth:

youtube.com/watch?v=0-c6iqsiaTI

youtube.com/watch?v=D3AMB7ZFF3Q

youtube.com/watch?v=swyCUpTNT_4