Quckie- M6 J 38 truckstop, Yay or Nay?

As it says, M6 J38 Truckstop,
Is it a goodun or baddun?
The whole package as in facilities, grub costs etc

Ta
G :sunglasses:

very clean place,showers could do with having a temperature control on them,and too expensive if you dont park there overnight,foods good.

Good place to stop IMO

2nd that was there tonight on my way down from Falkirk. Free coffee if you derv up over 200ltr, nice clean cafe, good quick pumps and friendly staff. Better stop than the Fleece IMO.

Used to use it a lot, always clean and staff pleasant but theyve just had the kitchens refurbished and the price of the meals have gone up and the food isnt as good as it was say 6 months ago. Must admit if ive got another half hour or so driving I now go to Truckhaven, better food and better security but park as near to the top end as possible because the bottom is trailer change hell. Dont get me wrong about Tebay, it`s a good truckstop and alot of others could learn by there example but just think the food has gone bland.

My only complaints, noisy trailer swapping at night and in the daytime (some people have to sleep in the daytime).
Food is cold by the time you have queued for 10 mins with your tray, but that’s a big complaint at many places (take note poplar2000, I stopped eating there for that reason).

Sorry dont agree with you there dowahdiddyman. I’m based at 35 and as stop I think it ■■■■■. The pumps are crap, the majority (not all) at the service station are rude. The place is expensive, I never eat in the cafe for that reason. Yes you are right about the parking, lots of trailer changes at the bottom so if you have to stop there try and find a spot at the top. Reefers are supposed to be parked at the bottom end of the stop but the sign has gone missing long ago so few bother. So even though I’m based at 35 I use J38

mattcollin:
Sorry dont agree with you there dowahdiddyman. I’m based at 35 and as stop I think it ■■■■■. The pumps are crap, the majority (not all) at the service station are rude. The place is expensive, I never eat in the cafe for that reason. Yes you are right about the parking, lots of trailer changes at the bottom so if you have to stop there try and find a spot at the top. Reefers are supposed to be parked at the bottom end of the stop but the sign has gone missing long ago so few bother. So even though I’m based at 35 I use J38

:question:
Do the big noisy wagons frighten you?

Yeah they do lad. Pratt

i don’t think there’s a lot of difference between tebay and truckhaven, both have good and bad points. i would be happy to stop at either.

timmo:
i don’t think there’s a lot of difference between tebay and truckhaven, both have good and bad points. i would be happy to stop at either.

id stop at either aswell, i was at truckhaven weds night and had a great nights sleep and i was opposite the main entrance

out of preference i always use tebay but thats due to the price both get a £2 food voucher tebay is £8 truckhaven is £10 and seen as my gaffer only gives £6 a night for parking tebay is free as im just kinda buying my own voucher.
both have good facilities i dont know if its just me but always seems to drop right cold at night at tebay

On a 1 to 10 scale i give it 7 Truckheaven i give it 9 :smiley:

Carol babe:
On a 1 to 10 scale i give it 7 Truckheaven i give it 9 :smiley:

Orwell crossing 10 A++++++++

cerbrious:
out of preference i always use tebay but thats due to the price both get a £2 food voucher tebay is £8 truckhaven is £10 and seen as my gaffer only gives £6 a night for parking tebay is free as im just kinda buying my own voucher.
both have good facilities i dont know if its just me but always seems to drop right cold at night at tebay

£6 a night parking :astonished: ? He’s having a laugh considering most MSA charge £20+

mickfly:
My only complaints, noisy trailer swapping at night and in the daytime (some people have to sleep in the daytime).
Food is cold by the time you have queued for 10 mins with your tray, but that’s a big complaint at many places (take note poplar2000, I stopped eating there for that reason).

Assuming your talking about Lymm, that place is a total dump IMO, & is desperatly needs a refurb.

yeah think he is we normally end up on ind ests with no facilities

its one of the best the only draw back is its very popular with coaches so at busy times forget a meal on your 45

Secretelephant:

mickfly:

Assuming your talking about Lymm, that place is a total dump IMO, & is desperatly needs a refurb.

I was on about m6 j38 in the first para, but yes, I was on about Lymm , and stopping buying their food.
Lymm