Quality assurance?

just had a terms and conditions through to fill out,one question asked is “is your operation certified to ISO 9002”?
can someone explain what this is and wether it’s normal preceadure for an owner driver to have it?
cheers
paul

Paul,

ISO 9001 is an internationally recognised quality program -, a lot of hype surrounded BS5750, which was another UK based initiative, in the early 90’s.It seems that scheme was there to make some money for consultants!

Having been involved in the BS certification process for some past clients, its a costly, lengthy and, in my opinion somewhat pointless exercise, but the ISO 9001 is a recognised ‘standard’. I am sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but alot of organisations will not deal with other companies who are not certified to ISO standard, but as to whether an owner driver needs this, I would suggest not. I for one would not be able to afford certification, as it involves putting in documented processes which need to be followed and audited.

I’ve seen the question asked on some OD forms, which I thing is a bit pointless - but I think its part of the process for the suppliers that they need to audit their contracts as to their ISO status.

Having said this, unless another scheme comes along which superseeds this standard it may be necessary to be ISO certified in the future.

It would be interesting to hear from any OD who is certified - not in a mental way :slight_smile: : ISO certified

Regards

Paul

sorry 9002, not 1 :blush:

paul b:
just had a terms and conditions through to fill out,one question asked is “is your operation certified to ISO 9002”?
can someone explain what this is and wether it’s normal preceadure for an owner driver to have it?
cheers
paul

Ignore it thats what I did :laughing:

sounds good to me :smiley: