QEII Bridge Dartford

Been on the radio this afternoon (Thursday) that the above
will be closed as of 05.00 Friday morning, due to the high winds expected.

Sorry bout the late post, only just got home .

Never used the diversion.
but I know they alter road layout moving barries and basically divert you under one of the tunnels.
But then that means travelling the otherdirection only 1 tunnel available for all the traffic.

edd1974:
Never used the diversion.
but I know they alter road layout moving barries and basically divert you under one of the tunnels.
But then that means travelling the otherdirection only 1 tunnel available for all the traffic.

Yes and anything overheight for the left tunnel (deckers) will have to go the long way round.

toonsy:
anything overweight for the left tunnel (deckers) will have to go the long way round.

A painful diversion

What about the Woolwich ferry? Is that height restricted? (If it runs in red weather warnings)

Evolved:

toonsy:
anything overweight for the left tunnel (deckers) will have to go the long way round.

A painful diversion

What about the Woolwich ferry? Is that height restricted? (If it runs in red weather warnings)

It depends. I regularly return from Snodland and as long as you go early there’s not much difference to the M1 from the M20/M26 split. Going “round the bottom” takes 15 mins longer if running OK.

I came out of Sidcup ( saw warnings of 1 1/2 hr delays at bottom of m11 & 1 hr delays delays jct 25 I think it was on way into sidcup ) , so with 2 hrs to spare I went round the bottom , should make it back with time to spare , made it as far as toddington , it just crawled all the way round , mostly 20/30 mph , I just went over bridge after that & took my chances