pye transport

Wondering if anyone out there remembers a company i think was called pye transport? I remember a light blue sk merc parked outside my local shops in hayes middx and it was my inspiration to become a truck driver!! Iam guessing it must have been late 70,s or early 80,s? iam a new member and this is my 1st posting so i hope this is ok.

Hi gixer, welcome to trucknet…do you mean P.Y.E or could it have been P.I.E!!

If it was the latter one then then there is a whole thread on it in this forum, try a search using the search button above.

Sorry I cant be of much help apart from that although you will be amazed at the amount of knowledge and memories (and ZB!!) that gets posted on here!! :laughing:

Someone will help you out, :wink:

There was a firm called F & G Pye from Lords Fold, Rainford in Lancs - did a lot of work for Pilkingtons in St Helens.

Don’t recall them having any Mercs though - they ran Atkis, Seddon-Atkis and ERFs.

marky:
There was a firm called F & G Pye from Lords Fold, Rainford in Lancs - did a lot of work for Pilkingtons in St Helens.

Don’t recall them having any Mercs though - they ran Atkis, Seddon-Atkis and ERFs.

And were green… Funnily enough, one went through the paint shop immediately before Ethel… :wink:

these by any chance

http://www.trevorpyetransport.com/