'puter help please lads

Alright chaps, does anybody know why my Mac internet browser (Safari) has decided to not show pictures people have posted and instead only show a question mark? It’s not just for pics on Trucknet but also other forums I visit. Any ideas why and how I fix it?

Cheers.

Edit; It’s not every pic posted. Just some show while others don’t.

get a windows pc :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

According to my son (Computer/laptop fixer company, http://www.lancs-it.co.uk/) in the advance settings of your browser there will be an option “To display multimedia content”

Cheers for the info, not sure though what I done but it’s displaying everything again now. :confused:

And I won’t be getting a Windows PC again, they don’t compare to a Mac. Once you’ve had a Mac, you’ll never go back. :smiley:

Chopsticks:
And I won’t be getting a Windows PC again, they don’t compare to a Mac. Once you’ve had a Mac, you’ll never go back. :smiley:

I disagree. I bought into the ‘spin’ that Mac’s are so much better than a Windows machine but, nearly a year on I’m still waiting for any evidence of that.

Pro’s - I like the size of the screen and the quality it produces. The ‘all-in-one’ form (i.e. no tower) is really good but there are now some decent Windows systems that offer this. Aesthetically it looks good in my study.

Con’s - Compatibility, compatibility, compatibility!!! I had a cracking colour laser printer that gave good quality at a v good ppp cost: not compatible so new printer was required. Same for my previous scanner: new one required. Software - no end of stuff I’d built up over the years but isn’t compatible with my iMac. Performance - I spend sooooo much time watching that zb multi-coloured spinning wheel, far more than I used to spend watching the egg timer. Media - iTunes is crap, video files compatibility is crap, and all this hype that ‘a Mac is a brilliant Media machine’, well I’m yet to see any evidence of it.

If, like me, you fetch or send work home, best had you’re on Mac’s at work (which we aren’t). Yeah, I’ve got MS Office for Mac but it’s not 100% compatible with Windows versions. Files/work sent in either direction always need to be checked over for formatting issues etc.

It got to the point where, a month or so ago, I went and bought a Windows 7 laptop - it was like putting on a comfy old pair of slippers!!! To be honest, the iMac gets used for web surfing but any work type stuff and the laptop is brought out and set-up in front of the iMac!! Before I got the laptop I tried palming the iMac off to my 8 year old and getting my old Windows PC back of her. She was having none of it!! IIRC her words were “No thanks Dad, you’re always angry and swearing at that computer so I don’t want it!” :blush:

Bearing in mind the iMac was near twice the price of a decent Windows machine to say I’m disappointed is an understatement. I kept all of the original packing etc - I can feel an eBay session coming on . . . . . . .

My MacBook Pro is only used for personal use but on the occasions when I have to send a doc through email etc I just save a copy of it as a windows doc and send that version. I’ve never had a problem with people using Windows and not being able to open work I’ve done in iLife. If I sent a copy of it without saving it as a Windows doc then I guess they wouldn’t be able to open it on a PC but it’s straight forward to save a Windows compatible version. I guess you can do the same on an iMac?

Not that I am a fan of Mac’s or anything, but there is a windows emulatorfor the mac so you can run hardware and software not suited for the mac. I don’t do Mac so can’t promise it will fix all your woes :bulb:

Chopsticks:
Alright chaps, does anybody know why my Mac internet browser (Safari) has decided to not show pictures people have posted and instead only show a question mark? It’s not just for pics on Trucknet but also other forums I visit. Any ideas why and how I fix it?

Cheers.

Edit; It’s not every pic posted. Just some show while others don’t.

update Flash
which mac is it?

Chopsticks:
My MacBook Pro is only used for personal use but on the occasions when I have to send a doc through email etc I just save a copy of it as a windows doc and send that version. I’ve never had a problem with people using Windows and not being able to open work I’ve done in iLife. If I sent a copy of it without saving it as a Windows doc then I guess they wouldn’t be able to open it on a PC but it’s straight forward to save a Windows compatible version. I guess you can do the same on an iMac?

I use my mac for everything.
First at all.i don’t get a Virus which is made for Window,and second,i have everything from one House.
I do everything as normal and send like receive Emails or whatever as normal.
I actually i have that many Mac i could sell some.
Write now on G4 MMD with OSX 10.5 on it. Some Software i can’t use which is writteen for Intel.Ok,but that i don’t need,or i use my Laptop when on the road.
I’m that happy to think gettin me a iMac. Found one for £50.- which is a Bargain,with Leopard on. the other MMD gets opened soon and logicboard exchanged to a Intel. But only as i don’t need that many Computer and do some training with it now.