Put me out of my misery... answer these q's

Did my last DCPC course today - wooo hoooo ! - but we ran out of time and I want to know the answers to these questions off the quiz we had at the end:-

1. You start work at 0600 hrs and finish at 2100 hrs - you start the next day at 0800 hrs - how many hours daily rest have you had?
    I put 9 - cause its the 24 hour period between 0600hrs and 0559hrs

2.A driver arrives in France whre the time is one hour ahead of British Time, what action should he take with regard to the clock on the tacho?
I put - adjust the time if an analogue or on a digi - upto the drive - he can adjust it to show the local time, although it records still in UTC or leave it running as it is?
3. Identify 3 actions a driver must take if their drivers card is faulty or lost… could not work out if this was his digi card or his DCPC card -
4. What is the maiximum number of hours work which may be completed by a driver in one week?
Now this got me a bit too - as under WTD its 60, but he could have done 3 x 15 and 3 x 13 hours duty time (84 hours less poa’s) and a max of 56 hours driving time) but what is the max under domestic rules?

Vodafone Maclaren Mercedes that hard up they got you driving your own service truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
Time you got another team :grimacing:

1, 9
2, leave it alone :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
3, Use the other one your mate Bogdan got you
4, 60

Awaits grief with a couldn’t give a [zb] expression on face

S80RTE:
Vodafone Maclaren Mercedes that hard up they got you driving your own service truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
Time you got another team :grimacing:

The way he’s shaping at the moment the truck might be faster :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Jenson Button:
Did my last DCPC course today - wooo hoooo ! - but we ran out of time and I want to know the answers to these questions off the quiz we had at the end:-

1. You start work at 0600 hrs and finish at 2100 hrs - you start the next day at 0800 hrs - how many hours daily rest have you had?
    I put 9 - cause its the 24 hour period between 0600hrs and 0559hrs

Within each period of 24 hours after the end of the
previous daily rest period or weekly rest period a driver shall
have taken a new daily rest period.

2.A driver arrives in France whre the time is one hour ahead of British Time, what action should he take with regard to the clock on the tacho?
I put - adjust the time if an analogue or on a digi - upto the drive - he can adjust it to show the local time, although it records still in UTC or leave it running as it is?

Leave it alone, if it is analogue, the clock must show the time where the vehicle is registered. If it is digital it must stay on UTC. If you want, you can alter the local time, but the recorded time is still in UTC.
3. Identify 3 actions a driver must take if their drivers card is faulty or lost… could not work out if this was his digi card or his DCPC card -

The question means a digital card, you must take a printout beforehand and again at the end of your shift. making sure you sign the printouts, enter the reason for the printout, faulty lost card etc. name and or driving licence number. At the end of the shift you must do another printout, signing the paper, use the graph on the back to mark POA, Breaks and other work. You cannot do this if you forget your digital card, you must not drive or go home and get it.

1. What is the maiximum number of hours work which may be completed by a driver in one week?
    Now this got me a bit too - as under WTD its 60, but he could have done 3 x 15 and 3 x 13 hours duty time (84 hours less poa’s) and a max of 56 hours driving time) but what is the max under domestic rules?

You could do a maximum of 60 hours work. Forget POA, Breaks as they are not working time.

how do you manage to run out of time on a 7 hour course? It is planned and approved to last that long.

Cheers Wheelnut

So on q1 - is it 9 then? or am i being a tick ■■■■?

Oh and we had a right row first off about the DCPC - it was ace… it had been planned in for 15 mins but at 10 o clock this one bloke was still having a right go at the instructor - and then we went well of track about retro fitting tachos in 4x4 type vehicles… - and the bloke who was being the jerk reconed that he drove the max every day (9 hours and 10’s) - he sort of forgot the 90 hour fortnight rule - and he has never ever booked a POA in his life - and he wont work more than the 48 hour average - but somedays he drives an out of scope van■■? - but then inputs everything onto his digi card? - think he had a split personality but it made for good fun - but we did miss the quiz at the end - which me being a saddo was looking forward too

Jenson Button:
Cheers Wheelnut

So on q1 - is it 9 then? or am i being a tick [zb]?

Oh and we had a right row first off about the DCPC - it was ace… it had been planned in for 15 mins but at 10 o clock this one bloke was still having a right go at the instructor - and then we went well of track about retro fitting tachos in 4x4 type vehicles… - and the bloke who was being the jerk reconed that he drove the max every day (9 hours and 10’s) - he sort of forgot the 90 hour fortnight rule - and he has never ever booked a POA in his life - and he wont work more than the 48 hour average - but somedays he drives an out of scope van■■? - but then inputs everything onto his digi card? - think he had a split personality but it made for good fun - but we did miss the quiz at the end - which me being a saddo was looking forward too

Yes sorry it is 9. I use a simple calculation. 6 until 21 is 15.

24 - 15 = 9

Wheel Nut:

Jenson Button:
Cheers Wheelnut

So on q1 - is it 9 then? or am i being a tick [zb]?

Yes sorry it is 9. I use a simple calculation. 6 until 21 is 15.

24 - 15 = 9

As soon as you go 1 minute over 13hrs from putting your card in, you’re on a reducer - ie 9hr rest - unless you’re having a split daily rest - ie had a 3hr un-interupted rest earlier in the day.