Purfleet Tesco Urban Myth or not ? Did you see?

One of te days this week I had a load for Tesco at Purfleet , booked in at 1700 and roll up to the gate at 1645, I press the buzzer waiting for the usual chit chat etc .

Tesco person " It will be at least 5 hours Drive before we can tip you "

Me “Bloody hell thats poor even for Tesco”

Tesco person " Come in and park on the left bring your notes to the office"

So I pull in and find a space on the left and count 68 wagons parked on the same side waiting to be tipped and all the bays are full as well.

Now I hand the notes in to be told wait with your truck and we will come to you,anyhow four hours later I am called to go to a bay I then spend 3 hours on the bay getting tipped.

Due to the fact that I am going to be over my 15 hours and no where to park around that area I let them start tipping almost all the load before I go in and tell them I will not be able to leave the yard and that my time is up when tipped.

Tesco person " You can’t park here"

Me " Well I aint moving that truck for at least 9 hours"

After a bit of argy bargy one of the traffic bods says we will call security. I then tell her to save herself the time and and call the police and VOSA and if they want me I am parked at the bottom of the yard and with my curains closed asleep,so off I go and park up.

Anyhow morning comes and i awake and the mayhem is still ongoing trucks queing to tip and no visit for me from plod.

Now allegedly the reason for the large delays were down to the fact that imigration had removed 11% of the workforce from the site for being ilegal etc etc, anyone else heard this or is it a Urban myth.

And one final piece of good news I am told by the boss that I am now banned from the site (RESULT :laughing: :laughing: )

I bet your p****d off about that!!!

Wobble:
I bet your p****d off about that!!!

Absolutely gutted !!! :laughing:

hear stuff like this all the time… I dont see why it should be such a problem if it is true.

We have this problem sometimes where drivers have waited too long to be loaded or tipped. We normally just shunt the trailer off the bay and park it in our yard so the driver can just take it when legal again.

LeicsShunter:
hear stuff like this all the time… I dont see why it should be such a problem if it is true.

We have this problem sometimes where drivers have waited too long to be loaded or tipped. We normally just shunt the trailer off the bay and park it in our yard so the driver can just take it when legal again.

Hey, thats a good idea. Just let the driver drop it and come back again when he’s legal. You’d of thought Tescos would of thought of that already? I’m gonna email them and tell them now.

On another note i have to thank thecoder0 for use of his term ‘crippled crab’. I believe it was you that first coined it Dave after mentioning one of your Scottish trunks !!! I liked it too !

I bet half the drivers waiting to be tipped were immigrants too.

lol no need for sarcasm… I know Tesco probably dont have enough land to allow for parking up of that many trailers at that particular site (or most stores I’d imagine)…

We have a very large site with space for about 200 trailers or so (mostly our own) but only we can put trailers onto bays (safety rules) so a driver comes in… parks up his/her trailer in our yard… then can do whatever they like until its tipped/loaded or until they are legally able to take it away.

I just mean you’d think a massive corporation like Tesco would have some facilty for drivers to not have to push tach laws to the limit, at least why not have drivers uncouple from trailers so if they are not legally able to drive a shunter can move it off a bay somewhere else?

They all come in at Cobelfret at Purfleet Docks.

I was waiting for the crane there when I saw five run under the bridge the other week ,off the ferry while the Bumbling Dockers who were supposed to be looking for them just scratched their heads when I told them where they’d gone. :unamused:

Thick ■■■■■

I think even when they do actually catch them ,the police either dont turn up or just let em go.

bikemonkey:
They all come in at Cobelfret at Purfleet Docks.

I was waiting for the crane there when I saw five run under the bridge the other week ,off the ferry while the Bumbling Dockers who were supposed to be looking for them just scratched their heads when I told them where they’d gone. :unamused:

Thick [zb]

I think even when they do actually catch them ,the police either dont turn up or just let em go.

I think if you read the post again you will realise that these immigrants were actually employed by Tesco. Not some immigrant truck drivers that Jammy doesnt realise that the Scots are immigrants too :stuck_out_tongue:

LeicsShunter:
lol no need for sarcasm… I know Tesco probably dont have enough land to allow for parking up of that many trailers at that particular site (or most stores I’d imagine)…

I’m only joking with ya. I couldn’t believe that so few commented on Tescos doing this to someone. Maybe we just expect it from them?

We have a very large site with space for about 200 trailers or so (mostly our own) but only we can put trailers onto bays (safety rules) so a driver comes in… parks up his/her trailer in our yard… then can do whatever they like until its tipped/loaded or until they are legally able to take it away.

I know, i worked for Walkers. Might be again soon !!

I just mean you’d think a massive corporation like Tesco would have some facilty for drivers to not have to push tach laws to the limit, at least why not have drivers uncouple from trailers so if they are not legally able to drive a shunter can move it off a bay somewhere else?

The ironic thing about it is that probably the goods in clerk who told him to leave site or they would call security is probably in a union. The type that stick up for workers rights !!!

everyone has to wait for tesco…i sometimes do the punctures on a few of there forklift trucks they got and they usually say i will have to wait a hour…my response i do it in 10 mins or i am leaving…the repair will only take about 15 mins at most…

remember tesco is god…or at least the warehouse foreman is… :smiley: