Punishment for "o"licence offences - are they a de

I know of an operator that has just had a public enquiry hearing with the South Eastern T.C .

He commited the following offences :-

False name on tacho’s
use same tacho more than one day (ie over writing)
fail to return tacho’s to office within 21 days ( they found 57 tacho’s when he was pulled over)
not using nominated operating center (he squats on a piece of land)
not maintaining vehicles properly
giving a false address as contact address
driving hgv without qualification
driving hgv whilst insulin dependant

I dont know exactly which offences he appeared for (but he did receive a fine of £1250 in the magistrates court for the tacho offences seapartely)

His punishment ■■?

28 day suspension

Now this man has broke every regulation except the one for finanial repute.

Is this the message we want to send to deter :open_mouth: the cowboys?[/u]

The O licence should be terminated.

However, the usual thing will happen and the same business will reappear but in somebody else’s name.

agree with killsville

but could be a diffrent name

Close the firm and ensure that he is forbidden from either owning

a company which deals in transport. also that he can not also work

in any capicity in the transport business.

Given that this at the end of the day is one of road safety he should have lost his O Licence & faced a much tougher penalty than a stupid little fine.

Prison and a lifelong ban from anything to do with trucks, including his license. :imp:

Oh I forgot to mention he is also a free mason but that couldn’t have any bearing could it?

could it??

It is just too easy to continue running bent! The TC doesnt have enough teeth in many cases,

The case of W Martin Oliver has proved that. The company should have been stopped immediately, but because they are appealing and trying to set Revillo up, they are still on the road. I know they are using some sub contractors but the latest thing is one of the directors becoming ill in the tribunal, hence more delays…

There should also be some kind of strict entrance exam to pass to become a 10% freight forwarder, they should work on the rules of ABTA and contribute to a fund to pay hauliers when they go out of business