Pullyns

Hi all could any one tell me wat pullyns are like to work for and money wise conditions
Thanks in advance

think its mainly uk work now m8 couple of wks out about 550 pw take home last i heard

shaunebabe:
Hi all could any one tell me wat pullyns are like to work for and money wise conditions
Thanks in advance

Wrong spelling :grimacing:

Good company to work for …90% uk work now …usually ask you to do two weeks away …money just gone up …think take home pay around 600/625 now

Cheers guys thank you

Out of curiosity, when did they become a mainly UK work firm? I was always under the impression that they were supposed to be the cream of the cream in the pharmaceutical market going to all sorts of far flung places that others stopped going to quite a while ago?

robinhood_1984:
Out of curiosity, when did they become a mainly UK work firm? I was always under the impression that they were supposed to be the cream of the cream in the pharmaceutical market going to all sorts of far flung places that others stopped going to quite a while ago?

Market forces I’m afraid. Spoke to one of their guys a few months ago who said that an EE firm were doing the Turkish pharmaceutical stuff for about 40% of what they were charging. He also said that in ten years they’d only screwed one load up whereas the EE firm had messed up 4 loads in three months. Dunno how true that was as after all it was driver talk, but it sounds feasible to me.

I work with an ex pullyns driver.he left coz the money was sheet,although he was saying it’s gone up now.

ye probably cos when it was all euro work /greece/spain/turkey and the like alot boys who want the euro only work do it for less cash but now all they got to offer is shiny truck and uk work they have to pay decent money to get the drivers

the maoster:
Market forces I’m afraid. Spoke to one of their guys a few months ago who said that an EE firm were doing the Turkish pharmaceutical stuff for about 40% of what they were charging. He also said that in ten years they’d only screwed one load up whereas the EE firm had messed up 4 loads in three months. Dunno how true that was as after all it was driver talk, but it sounds feasible to me.

I don’t doubt it, it’s just the way the world has gone. a pharmaco probably makes upwards of half a million quid from each trailer movement, but will still chisel the transport rate down by £1,000 if it can.

Not an eastern Euro firm that took the work…Was H Essers of Belgium …and as far as I last heard they mess up at least 2 loads a week …the pharma company asked pulleyns to come back do the work again but for 20% less than they were doing … obvs pulleyns Said you want quality you gotta pay …needless to say the pharma stuck with the cheap option :unamused:

I seem to remember from recent trips back to England that many (all?) Essers trailer being pulled by EE tractor units, from memory they were in Essers livery but on Romanian plates or something of that ilk.

bang on there robin with ex commi chauffers up front lol. i imagine they will get it back sooner or later as quality counts with this type of work. they offered me job last time home but might be tempted if they get the greece/turkey back . :smiley:

Genuine question as I know zero about Pharmaceutical work - what goes wrong?

Is it mainly temperature stability or what?

I think so remember reading an article on them in one of the truck mags and they had a back up power pack on the fridges and the office and customer could log in to tge trailer control system to monitor etc when this kind of stuff was unheard of

kjw21:
Genuine question as I know zero about Pharmaceutical work - what goes wrong?

Is it mainly temperature stability or what?

Temperature stability, getting it there when it’s supposed to be there, getting it there in one piece and not strewn across the floor or half the load stolen are just some of the things that go wrong. Pulleyns had a name second to none on this sort of work simply because they specced the right kit and did it very professionally. With a pallet of methadone retailing in excess of seven million quid you can’t afford to screw up.

A fact the pharma Co’s are finding to their cost.

bang on there m8 i took half pallet to place north of athens million quid nothing else on trl very nice up the hills

One of our lads took a reefer box to a pharmaceutical firm near Heathrow a few weeks ago, whoever set the temp when the box was picked up in India, set it at -12° instead of +12°. £30million load in the bin :open_mouth:

I used to do pharmaceutical work to Swiss before Canada but nothing of that nature. It wasn’t finished product so not worth much to anybody but the pharmaceutical company themselves but the invoices were often for 5-10 million pounds and that was just in an unsecured Euroliner. As Steve says, sometimes we’d go to Swiss with just one pallet. If a shipment had to go then it had to go, be it one pallet or 20.

Solstor had that work at the beginning, was a lot of ■■■■■■ work ( unbeknown ) and was a very good contract…it was so good that their chief of security became a member of the Solstor crew, however i did hear they contracted it out to Pulleyns at the time ( dont know if thats true or not ) but they did invest heavily in their equipment. Of course Solstor was also local to the Pharm company ( dont know if that was because of the job, or was a condition of the contract but very good clean tidy light work.