Pullman St Helens

I can see how the rollers can damage tread especially if there is a slight tear or bit of damage already, the rollers certainly are not of similar material that are on the roads, its like a high grip coating on them. When we MOT our trucks even in our own workshop, the brake test is the first to happen, so you get pre and post inspection brake tests. But we have never damaged a tyre.(yet)

Our rollers have been replaced recently and have been calibrated twice as there were teething problems.

We have had instances where our vehicles have passed our brake test, but failed at the test centre, we have raised the issue at the test centre that their rollers may need calibrated.

I can defo see how a loaded brake test can damage a tyre with a small rip or tear.

Bking, who do you think you are talking to? Having had to pay a grand for two damaged tyres from the same test station, I take exception to being told its a load of crap. Just because it has not happened to you, or you have not heard of it happening. That is why I posted the thread, to shine a light on this. It is obvious nobody checks the truck on its return from the test station, and few drivers do a walk round the next morning, thinking that vehicle has just passed its test so it must be okay. I do though.
How can you compare locking wheels on the road to locking on an abrasive bar? The wheels skid on the road, they lock completely on rollers. The tyres had no previous damage, and were premium tyres. I am hoping somebody will speak of their experience, as I can’t be the only one, so it helps me out and then we can see that you are the one that talks crap.

I did my apprenticeship at a Leyland dealers that had a brake rollers tester which had grooved rollers and I can remember the odd tyre getting chunked like those. I thought the new surfaces they put on them now might have cured the problem.

Pursy

Yes whatever!! If you say so.