Pulling out of stobarts,dagenham

Is that traffic light stuck on red?
I waited 8 minutes for it to change…I waited 5 minutes once,before it changed to green…

Always seemed to vary , sometimes straightaway , others times took ages , if I left 4/5 I’d just look what was coming from right & go , if 6/7 then it was busy , normally ques so you’d have to wait

If it is safe, then drive out. If you are lucky, then they might bar you from site. :smiley: :open_mouth:

Is a traffic light stuck if it changes

Yes probably … :unamused:

Ok,thanks.

I only wait about 2 mins, then jump it.

I was at a set of roadworks for a large and busy roundabout with 5 points, and sat for 12 minutes before they changed. 3 cars jumped the red but I knew the area and knew the works were large. I was going to wait 15 minutes before I proceeded, but they changed before then.

12 minutes / 5 = 2.4 minutes per junction. Seemed a bit excessive but then it can be very busy, so reasonable in that instance.

I’d give a 4-way junction with fixed lights 10 minutes before considering jumping them.

There is a set of lights near where I am that are red in all directions until a vehicle approaches. It’s the only set I ever saw like that. The rest I have seen go green for the primary route when there is no traffic.

TruckerGuy:
I

There is a set of lights near where I am that are red in all directions until a vehicle approaches. It’s the only set I ever saw like that. The rest I have seen go green for the primary route when there is no traffic.

I once delivered to some residential area can’t remember where.
Left the estate came to a t junction with set of light’s.
Before lights was a keep clear sign so I stopped before keep clear sign was waiting . Then a bloke came out of house said your be there all day watiing drive forward there’s a sensor on the keep clear box will turn the lights green. And it did.
Stupid place though on a keep clear sign

Sploom:
Is that traffic light stuck on red?
I waited 8 minutes for it to change…I waited 5 minutes once,before it changed to green…

I ran out of there pre Stobart days. We always ran the lights. The gate was constantly complaining to our gaffa, who passed on their concerns (before themselves jumping the lights)
Re. Roadworks, in Ireland the temporary and lights have countdown timers on, which I found useful.