Pulling containers

I started running tippers in 1970 Tarmac,and have over the years seen hundreds come and go,the only time we did quarry work was when we bought and sold whatever we carried from them,many was the time we were asked to haul for them but the rates offered were inoperable for us and I doubt they have changed much today.it has always puzzled me as to how some manage to keep on working for the quarries when we couldn’t,no one to this day has ever shown me how it is done.There is a huge difference between takings,turnover and the essential profit. :confused: :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

Laf-tar have just dropped rates 12% on contract artic tippers, not seen any mention on here as yet!

Moose:
Laf-tar have just dropped rates 12% on contract artic tippers, not seen any mention on here as yet!

Mmm, now’t much changes for the better with that lot does it! :unamused: Is that across the board or just on dry stone Moose?

Pete.

not sure pete, though the 6 wheelers have had a good increase at19% , now there’s not many six’s left they are on a par with the 8’s!
some may try to take advantage of this by buying 6 wheelers in the future, though when they do Laf-tar will move the goalposts again!!

Moose:
not sure pete, though the 6 wheelers have had a good increase at19% , now there’s not many six’s left they are on a par with the 8’s!
some may try to take advantage of this by buying 6 wheelers in the future, though when they do Laf-tar will move the goalposts again!!

Strange isn’t it, at one time of day you had a job to get a load of tarmac with an eight wheeler as it was ‘sixes and fours’ only. Then the premium went off of the fours so nearly everyone bought six wheelers, then it all went back to eights again so folk bought them…again! Then artics started coming in from Bayston Hill… :confused: It takes some keeping up with! :slight_smile:

Pete.

I am not sure why but I feel that I am defending myself, you have assumed that I work for the quarries. I have colleagues that have done this successfully for many years, because you could not make it pay does not mean anything. For the time being I will continue to make a good profit doing what I do. :wink: