Pulling a loaded trailer

As the title says is there any rules for or against pulling a loaded trailer while on L plates ■■?

snowman77:
As the title says is there any rules for or against pulling a loaded trailer while on L plates ■■?

A learner under any B, C or D +E provisional rules can tow a fully loaded trailer on a motorway

im not 100% but think the actual driving test the vehicle has to be a certain weight, i assume the extra weight is ballast, to make it that weight .

TROTSKY3:
im not 100% but think the actual driving test the vehicle has to be a certain weight, i assume the extra weight is ballast, to make it that weight .

Certain vehicles must be loaded with specific ballast for the test

OP - can I assume you are doing commercial C+E as a learner and have a current DQC :question: :question:

Best way to learn, especially with a 16 speed crash box up & down the hills.

IIRC its 5 ton of ballast for learners. When I did my C it was a row of those large water containers secured down the middle of the bed.

5t c2, 8t c+e

Class c held along with DQC just not sure if I could drive fully freighted while on L plates for current employer to get some practice inn

martinviking:

I can’t think of any 16 speed crash boxes ,only synchromesh ones .

snowman77:
Class c held along with DQC just not sure if I could drive fully freighted while on L plates for current employer to get some practice inn

100% legal to do that on a fully loaded C+E with L plates on a motorway and a supervising driver with at least 3 years C+E sat next to you - oh, and correct insurance which the employer will need to verify

Ta very much

Dan Punchard:

martinviking:

I can’t think of any 16 speed crash boxes ,only synchromesh ones .

I’m pretty sure my ex Brother in Law’s Iveco had a 16 speed Fuller Crash Box, might have been a 13 speed though.
Good training all the same, especially through London before they put all the restrictions on, that they have today.