pulleyns

hi, i,m a new member just looking for info on pulleys transport what are they like to work for and what sort of money .looking to get back into some european work haven,t done it since 1993 tia

If you like polishing ally wheels with steel wool on the truck as well as the trailer,this job is for you. :smiley:

hi harry adrian pulleyn is a personal friend of mine. the drivers are very well paid and do alot of weeks away. you are not expected to wear a tin of peek on your cloves. they have people in the yard to do that. can only speak highly of this firm. and i suspect alot of others alsowill agree with me on that. modern fleet. all good kit. latest frigo trailers. totally legal. only drawback is weeks away. but they will cater for you to be home when you need. horses for courses springs to mind.

hi,all the drivers i’ve ever met on there say it’s a very good job but from what they’ve told me i wouldn’t call the money good,but i guess it boils down to what you class as good.i know you could expect to go anywhere and everywhere and they only take on drivers who are loyal.one lad told me they want 10 years verified work history and preferably with 1 employer…good luck and keep us posted

Ive spoken to one or two also and they have said that its a good firm to work for

thanks for all your replys does anybody know any other firms in surrey/ hants area for european work fulltime or partime.ps does pulleyns employe partime drivers

theres whites but from a friend of mine who worked for ganders who got took over by them put sh in place o w in regards of the money!!!

Pulleyns do the haulage for Bridgestone tyres and the guys I’ve met seem happy enough, same truck and trailer most of the time from what I understand.

My info is at least three years old. The driver told me that he was paid extra to keep the wheels shiny. When I had Ally’s on a yankee rig just used to spray them & run it thru the wash. This Pulleyn guy was telling me that when the soap stopped coming out of the wirewool,‘throw it away!’ Thanks,but no thanks! :laughing:
He did say it was a good number but he was away weeks at a time so jacked.

I have a couple of good mates from my RH days who now work for Pulleyns. One of them does four weeks away then has four days off. He keeps the same trl on 99% of the time. He does all mainland europe & ireland. He also does regular Greece, Denmark and Sweden, occasionally Norway and Finland, with a Turkish run thrown in now and then. They still have a few Ssc 480 dafs but are going all Mercedes (460 megaspace). The Mercs are fitted with Fridges, microwaves and Dvds. The 06 Mercs have sat-nav as well. He does get a taxable bonus for keeping his truck immaculate. If you want the wages send me a pm hook.
Rgds jon

do you know if they take on newly quilified drivers who are willing to go away for the required amount of time and be loyal to the company

I`m sorry i dont. I think there fairly strict on who they employ but a phonecall never hurts does it?

JB:
I have a couple of good mates from my RH days who now work for Pulleyns. One of them does four weeks away then has four days off. He keeps the same trl on 99% of the time. He does all mainland europe & ireland. He also does regular Greece, Denmark and Sweden, occasionally Norway and Finland, with a Turkish run thrown in now and then. They still have a few Ssc 480 dafs but are going all Mercedes (460 megaspace). The Mercs are fitted with Fridges, microwaves and Dvds. The 06 Mercs have sat-nav as well. He does get a taxable bonus for keeping his truck immaculate. If you want the wages send me a pm hook.
Rgds jon

In my job, if you do four weeks away you get four weeks off.
Doesn’t sound like much of a life to me.

Bren:

JB:
Rgds jon

In my job, if you do four weeks away you get four weeks off.
Doesn’t sound like much of a life to me.

so what do you do then???i guess it not truck driving

Merchant Navy.
I do 10 weeks on 10 weeks off. Although there are jobs about for 2 or 4 weeks on and the same off.

I’ve also had my class one since 1991.

My point up there was for 4 weeks away you get 4 days off.
Even a normal tramper away from Monday to Friday still gets three nights at home for being away a week.

Its horses for courses. There are plenty of drivers out there that find it less stressful tramping abroad for a month or so than trunking around the UK.Better if you’re single of course. :smiley:

Bren:
Merchant Navy.
I do 10 weeks on 10 weeks off. Although there are jobs about for 2 or 4 weeks on and the same off.

Even a normal tramper away from Monday to Friday still gets three nights at home for being away a week.

i was merely gonna ask if there were any jobs if you were driving.i could go with the idea of only working 6 months of the year :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bren No offence intended here but if your union has negotiated a deal where you work for six & get paid for twelve months you can understand why UK firms flag out everything & anything. :wink:

scaniaman:

Bren:
Merchant Navy.

i was merely gonna ask if there were any jobs if you were driving.i could go with the idea of only working 6 months of the year :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]

I must admit it’s not bad only working six months of the year. It beats working for a living :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thats why the Seaman’s Missions are full of Filipinos etc. You seldom see a UK seamen on any of the deep sea routes. Unless he’s the skipper. :laughing: