pulleyn

do,s anybody know if pulleyn are taking on :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Spoke to one of their drivers a couple of weeks ago at Middleton, he reckons they receive roughly 3 calls a day from people who want to work there. From how he was talking it seems you got to know someone on there, and also there is a very long que of hopefuls. Driver i met seemed very happy though, 5 weeks away at a time, money good etc. Good luck anyway, if you go for it.

i,ll ask the brother in law he loads outta there for the midlands 2or 3 times a week but i do know that the minimum time away is a fortnight

I think Neil46 can give you the low down on the Pulleyn empire :stuck_out_tongue:

kindle530:
he reckons they receive roughly 3 calls a day from people who want to work there. From how he was talking it seems you got to know someone on there, and also there is a very long que of hopefuls.

I wonder if they’d be receiving 3 calls per day from hopeful’s if the fleet was different …

I rest my case.

it’s 3/4 weeks away and then 4 days off.
the money is right for the work involved, approx £540 per week take home for the weeks when you are working, this includes expenses which are paid in cash before you leave the yard, if your expected to be away for 7 nights they pay you 7 night outs in cash before you go.
most drivers don’t touch their bank accounts whilst away, they spend the night out money with the odd exception of course.
very tidy equipment both units and trailers with a bonus scheme for paper work done correctly and truck kept tidy, air pressures are checked when your truck is in the yard and that is also part of the bonus, if your tyre pressures are low then you lose bonus money.
they run mercedes and daf tractors, they still have some of the blue trucks but most are now silver.
pulleyns also have a major share in fransen transport although the fransen side is run seperate to pulleyns and the pay structure is slightly different.
there are no jobs available at the moment and they already have a driver waiting a truck, he is doing holiday cover and so is changing trucks regular until someone leaves.
if you have no continental experience it will be hard for you to get on there, you will need very good references to get on anyway, if you have a long list of former employers then don’t even bother, they are looking for long term employees not a fly by night looking to learn at their expense then bugger off somewhere else.
yes it is a good company and yes it is a good job if you want to be away for 3 weeks at a time

I heard they used to run pharmaceuticals to Russia, Turkey etc, proper long distance stuff, is that still the case?

Apparently you had to have top references and a few years continental experience just to get a relief job.Nice kit though and from what I was told they treat you ok.

Bullitt.

bullitt:
I heard they used to run pharmaceuticals to Russia, Turkey etc, proper long distance stuff, is that still the case?

Apparently you had to have top references and a few years continental experience just to get a relief job.Nice kit though and from what I was told they treat you ok.

Bullitt.

like a lot of other things bullit, the rate has gone right out of that sort of work, no more russia but they still do greece, spain, portugal, italy, sweden, denmark, hungary etc.

they treat the drivers very well, the depot has showers and washing machines etc for the drivers.
truckwash accounts all over the place.
you’ll find quite a few of the drivers in folkstone of a weekend if not scattered about europe or at home.