Pudsey transport

They have advertised quite a bit recently, I have noticed though that for class 2 they have increased the rate it was £8 ph but is now £9ph

anyone know what pudsey transport in leeds are like? i have a days agency work with them tomorrow and dont know anything about them, what kind of wrk they do etc??

that firm has allways been a mystery to me iv worked in leeds nearly all my life and in transport and never had anything to do with them,
and the fact they are called pudsey transport and are based in morley also baffeles me,
so cant really help mate sorry,
i do know they are based somewhere behind the big asda just off the a650

i can only assume they have relocated from pudsey sometime in the past, as for finding out what they are like, i guess there is only 1 way to find out, thats when i ski my way there tomorrow and do a days work for them :smiley:

i did a few days agency with them last year, its a bit of a strange set up, when i worked there they will send you out in a class 2, do a run, come back to the yard, and then they change you trucks and put you in a 7.5 tonner, collect whatever, and deliver it, but that could of been done on the class 2, they also work to a (pool) of drivers, you have to go for an assessment, (h&s, videos, classroom work) so that your name goes on a list and you become one of there requested agency drivers, and they are round the back of asda at howley park, morley

i aint had no assesment or nothin like that, gotta be there at 7am in the morn, booked as a 7:5t driver, but i got me class 1 as well, needs must, work been thin on the ground lately, are they involved in them palletways and pall ex networks■■?

selby newcomer:
anyone know what pudsey transport in leeds are like? i have a days agency work with them tomorrow and dont know anything about them, what kind of wrk they do etc??

Are they any connection to the old Menthorpe Ferry / Breighton Launch?

That used to be owned by Pudsey concrete, even further away from Leeds or Morley

selby newcomer:
i aint had no assesment or nothin like that, gotta be there at 7am in the morn, booked as a 7:5t driver, but i got me class 1 as well, needs must, work been thin on the ground lately, are they involved in them palletways and pall ex networks■■?

yeah i think they are part of the trunking lot, don’t know which ones tho, you’ll probably end up changing trucks, the full time drivers have to do it aswell

And all of their trucks have trackers on them, and the screen in the office is on the wall, and is a 37" flat screen screwed to the wall.

Ken.

Quinny:
And all of their trucks have trackers on them, and the screen in the office is on the wall, and is a 37" flat screen screwed to the wall.

Ken.

i noticed that when i looked on their website, i was on tracker for the last 4 years in my last job, so dont really mind too much

I worked for them as a van driver about 10yrs ago, they were based in Troydale nr pudsey then hence the name pudsey transport, back then they did alot out of what was Federal Mogul in bradford.

Wages werent anything to write home about but that was 10 years ago and a former employer of mine has had the odd run in with the company.

well, i cant really complain about that days work, arrived at pudsey transport at 7am, given keys other stuff and paper work for collection out of tetrosyl in bury, then had to deliver 2 pallets to killington lake services on the m6. on my way home by 4pm, so all in all a good day :smiley: :smiley:

or not quite as well as i thought, i got a phone call from an agency i am registered with, offering me a night shift on class 1, had to turn it down after doin a shift on 7:5t :cry: