Public liability insurance for ltd companys

Hello to all new member here so go easy on me…
My first question is i have a ltd company and im going to purchase public liability (que you dont need it posts) Im aware i dont have to have it but seems advisable. what i want to no is how much cover do people get? 2mil ok? also whom is the cheapest peeps to use.
Thanls in advance and will be posting more questions in due course :smiley:

Two million should be more than adequate
You are wise to get Public Liability cover as Self Employed
Speak to your local insurance broker, they may have a package ideally suited to your needs and I can’t see it costing much over £100 for your annual premium.

Can’t answer your question myself as I’m in a similar situation. I’ve read lots of posts on here stating its a waste of money as you are already insured on your customers motor policy (which is correct) but thinking about it, what happens if you have a bump and it’s deemed you’re at fault due to negligence or something similar which the motor policy will not cover, you could even damage something/someone while unloading.
I know that any company you work for will have their own liability insurance but you will not neccessarily be covered depending on the circumstance !

I have it and am covered for £2m. Last years cost was £118 but then the renewal which I received from them stated that it had gone upto £156 when I queried this they told me that all premiums had gone up so I changed to another company and have not long paid £117.31

Whilst on this subject, I dont know what people expect this to cover but I’ll give you two scenarios from the two different companies which I have used.

The first company told me that if, for example, I left a door open on the truck and somebody walked into the door and injured themselves, then PL insurance would pay out. Assuming that I backed into somebody’s property and caused damage then road risks insurance would pay.

The second company told me that the information given by the first company (above) was incorrect and that basically, PL Insurance will kick in where road risks insurance ends.