PSV licence, or whatever they are called nowdays

Many years ago i decided to break for driving trucks…so i applied to drive london buses…was a 3/4 week course…and i gained my All types psv…i ventured onto coaches after a while, but also yearned for the trucks once more. When i had to renew my PSV i need the transport company to state i was in fact still driving PSV`s…Now my grudge is why do they do that for the PSV…and not for truck licences ? and why did i have to lose my right to drive them as i actually took a driving test in them, yet when i pulled out of that business i lost my right to hold that licence…its a type of discrimination i think…in a sense…i mean i can still ride a motorbike, still drive 44 tonners…and there is no need to prove i am working in a courier industry, or a truck based business…only for a PSV…
I was thinking of asking DVLA …as there surely is a record of my driving tests…( except my HGV ) where i never had to take a test…grandfather rights and all of that stuff.

what do you guys think.

Trucky,
I did the Same, London Transport between 78- 81. as far as I can remember I never had to confirm driving PSV

I still hold the D+E {PSV} entltlement along with C+E.{HGV}. so don’t know why you lost yours . Regards Tony.

Its called a D licence nowadays, I think if you ask nicely the DVLA or whatever they are now calling themselves will give you back your ENTITLEMENT.There was a time when you could not hold bus and lorry licences at the same time but that was a long time ago.

I passed class 1 (crash box) psv and Class 3 hgv in the same week back in 1987, so you can hold both, I have since got my class 1 hgv and still have my psv entitlements.
I left the bus industry years ago and have mates at that company who are now depot managers asking me to come back straight on full pay no starter rate, … No thanks :laughing:
You don’t need acrude hours or anything, just your entitlements and dcpc and your off. (your head to do that job :wink:)

well done guys…thank you all for your replies…most helpful, as i am just renewing my LGV/HGV…( lol ) so gonna ask nicely the DVLA to re-instate my licence…if i get it back would be another feather in my cap…possibly thinking of part time work with arriva…as theyre advertising here in chatham…and £1000 bonus too…maybe the way to go.

Thank you guys for your replies, most helpful, i must admit that i have never even thought about it until now, as i believed that i lost it because of not using it…but i will ask the DVLA as i am presently renewing my licences…i will keep you informed.

1981 was the cut off point for the current computer records so if not had D/PCV/PSV on licence since that year then its not going to happen

Drift:
I passed class 1 (crash box) psv and Class 3 hgv in the same week back in 1987, so you can hold both, I have since got my class 1 hgv and still have my psv entitlements.
I left the bus industry years ago and have mates at that company who are now depot managers asking me to come back straight on full pay no starter rate, … No thanks :laughing:
You don’t need acrude hours or anything, just your entitlements and dcpc and your off. (your head to do that job :wink:)

Took words right out of my mouth ! I worked with an ex Bus driver he’d had enough after 3 years of whining pensioner’s

blue estate:

Drift:

Took words right out of my mouth ! I worked with an ex Bus driver he’d had enough after 3 years of whining pensioner’s

You can talk! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

blue estate:

Drift:

You can talk! :smiley:

tounge.jpg

whingeing pensioners…ha ha we used to call them Twirleys as they always used to ask `am i i too early ( twirley ) lol…funny how as you get older…you remember not to ask the same stupid questions, especially as a bus pass holder.

Cargo that ‘talks’…?

No thanks…

5 years, and I’d had enough…

13 long years doing that ■■■■. Never again, scarred for life after doing buses.

Stuck it 18 months on the buses. Left before I ended up with an assault charge… :grimacing:
worst job I’ve had. Never again .

“You’re late driver” no ■■■■, I’m supposed to be here at a specific time? Why don’t nobody give me a time table…

“Can you drop me of here?” (Usually when stopped at traffic lights, or waiting to pull out of a junction…

First few passengers (regular commuters) all asking for a return to the city centre, and all paying with a crisp tenner… :imp: :imp:

School kids, passing their passes around…

Pensioners, stepping on, asking for a ‘pensioner return to…’.
“Can I see your pass please?”
“Yes, I have a pass”
“Can I see the pass please??”
(Passes must be presented when buying g a ticket)
“It’s in my bag”
“Can you get it out of your bag please?”
“I have a pass you know”
“I still need to see your pass”
“The regular driver never wants to see it”
(But he’s not driving this ■■■■■■■ bus today, is he?)
"I need to see your pass please "
(Pensioner starts to rummage in bag)
“Ohh, I seem to have left it at home”
“That I’ll be a full price ticket then”
:smiling_imp:

How long will the next bus be, Same length as this one ,now ZB off. :smiley:

vikingpete:
13 long years doing that [zb]. Never again, scarred for life after doing buses.

And this…^^^

And then people wonder why I have an ‘attitude’ / can’t be arsed with people nowadays…

THERE’S NUFFIN WRONG WIV ME AFTER MY STINT OF DRIVING BUSES, YOU F*****G SCUMBAGS. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: Done me the world of good, I must say. I used to love giving it to the twirlies… yes we’ve no shortage of 'em over here either.