Psst! Wanna buy a cheap VW?

youtube.com/watch?v=Cem7_F6sg9I

Some scary numbers there! How many have they bought back here? :slight_smile:

350,000 vehicles is approx one years US sales for VW. Audi sell a bit over 200,000 p.a. in the US.
In the EU VW sell about 1,700,000 units and Audi 800,000. Another 3,000,000 units are locally produced in China.
350,000 cars parked up is horrific of course, but VW are a Big outfit.

For comparison Jaguar and LandRover sell
EU 70,000 170,000
USA 40,000 75,000
China 22,000 62,000

So the combined EU and US sales of Jaguar-LandRover is comparable to the US sales of VW alone.
Or another way Audi-VW sell, US and EU combined, ten times more cars than Jag-LR.
Or VW have parked up the same number of cars, as Jag-LR sold in the whole of US and EU last year.

I was referring to how differently VW seem to have treated their customer base in North America in comparison with Europe as regards buy back of emission scandal goods.

TiredAndEmotional:
I was referring to how differently VW seem to have treated their customer base in North America in comparison with Europe as regards buy back of emission scandal goods.

OK. Fair point that we/they have different treatment. But could buying back 5 times the amount of vehicles kill the company? No winners then.
Different legislation and fear of litigation too probably.

Franglais:

TiredAndEmotional:

OK. Fair point that we/they have different treatment. But could buying back 5 times the amount of vehicles kill the company? No winners then.
Different legislation and fear of litigation too probably.

What about killing people with diesel emission levels that were falsified? I don’t want to see a lot of people who are completely blameless in this matter losing their jobs. A few big cheeses going to jail for a very long time would mollify me! :wink:

At first glance we have people telling lies to make money.
"Obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Are diesel emissions really killing people? Remember when our Country was coal powered The major towns and cities were black with coal dust , we just got on with it though.

Convert them at dealers to TSI petrol engine spec aftermarket then resell them.Everyone wins the customers get a cheap new petrol model and VW reduces its losses. :bulb:

volkswagen.co.uk/technology/petrol

alamcculloch:
Are diesel emissions really killing people? Remember when our Country was coal powered The major towns and cities were black with coal dust , we just got on with it though.

And died at twenty years younger.
The increase inUK life expectancy isn’t due only to cleaner air, but it’s part of it.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk