Ps3 in a truck/car

Hi all
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use a PS3 in a vehicle without using an inverter. I know it would need to be connected direct to the battery as it needs too many amps for a cig lighter but was wondering if a power lead exists.

Many thanks

Cant be done

Cheers guess I’ll need to hard wire my inverter to the batteries :frowning:

A PS3 would eat too many Amps.

I struggle with my laptop (technically overloading the power adaptor all the time) but with a TV and a PS3 running, it can’t be done

My tv is 12v
My inverter is a 300w constant and the ps3 is 280w
So as long as I wire the inverter direct cant see any problem
But if anyone sees a problem please comment as I don’t want to [zb] anything up

Cheers

It can be done with the psu removed/bypassed and a regulated 12v dropper bodged in, don’t forget that ,depending on model, the load can be as high as 32 amps (for a fat) :open_mouth: , best carry a set of jump leads :laughing: . It seems the best way though is through an inverter, make sure that the rated constant of the inverter is about 20% higher than that of the stuff plugged in to it, otherwise it’s life will be fairly short lived.

PS3 powewr rating by model

So probably best not to bother then. Just stick to watching telly. :frowning:

Well, you could do it… If you ran the engine while you were playing

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wonder if work will pay for a split charger and another set of batteries and batt tray
That might be another option

:wink:

I used to run a ps2 from invertor, less powerfull I know. I used to find that the invertor “spiked” and would affect gameplay. It was a modified sine wave invertor (the cheapest and most popular). A true sine wave invertor would have stopped it but they are not cheap.

What about a cheap UPS between the inverter and the ps3.

The PS3 draws max power for only a few seconds then drops right down, the UPS would compensate nicely for that.

Just an idea, hope it helps, also, you could power the UPS up whilst driving, so it’s got power stored for when you park up

I got an 600watt inverter that i plug into the cig lighter its runs my ps3 and a 22in tv… No problems what so ever with it and i use it alot…

acceptme:
I got an 600watt inverter that i plug into the cig lighter its runs my ps3 and a 22in tv… No problems what so ever with it and i use it alot…

600w and it ain’t melted your socket. That doesn’t sound rite. There only rated at 300w.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ment to edit that and say hella socket but not been online since…

acceptme:

That still won’t accept 600w for very long without melting your wiring.

spectron:

acceptme:

That still won’t accept 600w for very long without melting your wiring.

Don’t think you get a hella or cig lighter Leeds with a 600w inverter.
It should have clips to wire to the battery.

Its got a cig lighter on the inveter… Iv played it for hrs non stop and not melted anything nor have alot of my collegues who do exactly the same thing… Living in my lorry im pretty sure i would notice things melting arpund me

acceptme:
Its got a cig lighter on the inveter… Iv played it for hrs non stop and not melted anything nor have alot of my collegues who do exactly the same thing… Living in my lorry im pretty sure i would notice things melting arpund me

What wagon are you tramping in.
Are you sure it’s just plugged in a normal cig lighter.

Daf xf ssc 105… Not plug into the cig lighter but its plugged into the 24v hella socket…iv just spent 5months in it non stop and its working a treat

Just because he is using a 600 watt invertor does not mean that it is using that all the time. 300 for the ps3 and maybe 100 for the tv would mean its only using about 400 total.