Proxy servers feedback thread

After 7 pm tonight the following will be incorporated as part of this websites rules and guidelines please take note if you use a anonymous proxy server

PROXY SERVERS

Due to the large amount of spam registrations being recieved via anonymous proxy servers, this website no longer accepts connections via such servers. If you are using a proxy your ability to view and post on this website may be limited.

We suggest unchecking the proxy server button in your connections panel while viewing this website. or using a proxy server that does not mask your ISP
(Found in Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > Settings )

Known anonymous proxy server IP’s will start to be added to the IP ban list later today (21st December 2007) and more will be added as we find them.

After discussions with our technical and network guys we can see no reason why a member would need to use a anonymous proxy to access TruckNet UK, as far as we are aware no ISP blocks TruckNet UK or its servers, if you find an ISP that is blocking us, and therefore need to use a proxy server let us know so we can contact the ISP and resolve the issue for you

Please use this thread ONLY to discuss this issue

Rikki

Not sure if this computer used a with held proxy server and i cannot tell from the information on my system.

Pete

Biker you have a PM,
But in short … no worries your IP is fine.

Rikki

Rikki-UK:
After 7 pm tonight the following will be incorporated as part of this websites rules and guidelines please take note if you use a anonymous proxy server

PROXY SERVERS

this website no longer accepts connections via such servers.

Are you sure about that? :laughing:

Rebel:

Rikki-UK:

PROXY SERVERS

this website no longer accepts connections via such servers.

Are you sure about that? :laughing:

We havent uploaded all the lists of servers yet as the post does say… if you read it, as from 7pm tonight :wink: :wink: :wink:

The list we have is not comprehensive so it will be an ongoing project, as we identify new servers they will get added… :bulb:

I’m disappointed to read that it’s not a comprehensive list. I think it’s disgusting that banned members are finding ways round the system so that they can continue posting. I see that banned member Vince is causing you a lot of problems in this respect as he is continuing to post under his alias. Naturally we all want to rid the site of these persistent trouble-makers, so I’d be more than happy to offer you my help in keeping the proxy and IP list up-to-date. Hopefully with my assistance we’ll be able to get rid of Vince once and for all.

that will mean a 300 plus loss in members… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
not includine mine… :sunglasses:

i need to find a one that will allow me to use chat though… any reccomendations. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Your help is not required thank you anyway, :wink: :wink: I would not like you do do all that work needlessly :open_mouth: :wink:

The server logs do the job very nicely, Alongside helping stop the spam registrations as a bonus it will of course also help keep anyone banned from the website who is using an anonymous proxy server from continuing to abuse the website. :bulb: :wink:

ohterry:
that will mean a 300 plus loss in members… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i need to find a one that will allow me to use chat though… any reccomendations. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only one Terry. :wink: :wink:
Attempting to use part of this website that you have not got access too will ofcourse be looked at very very seriously indeed :slight_smile:

have to admire your dedication and hard work rikki.wothout you this site would not be what it is today.

a very big well done. :wink:

Rikki-UK:

ohterry:

Attempting to use part of this website that you have not got access too will ofcourse be looked at very very seriously indeed :slight_smile:

its only a commercial dear. dont take this internet m,larky so serious. :laughing: :wink:

ohterry:

Rikki-UK:

ohterry:

its only a commecial dear. dont take this internet m,larky so serious. :laughing: :wink:

Ahh Dear, But I am paid an extraordinary large amount of pennies each month to take it seriously …
If I didnt I wouldnt be doing my job :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rikki-UK:

ohterry:

Rikki-UK:

ohterry:

its only a commecial dear. dont take this internet m,larky so serious. :laughing: :wink:

Ahh Dear, But I am paid an extraordinary large amount of pennies each month to take it seriously …
If I didnt I wouldnt be doing my job :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

of course not dear. and a good job your doing in,t bargain. rbi should be proud to have you at the helm.

worth every penny IMHO :wink:

I hope they are,
seeing as how they have extended my contract by a large amount, (with a increase in beer tokens and more responsibilty) I would guess that they are reasonably happy with the what the team are doing with their website :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing:

Rikki-UK:
Your help is not required thank you anyway, :wink: :wink: I would not like you do do all that work needlessly :open_mouth: :wink:

The server logs do the job very nicely, Alongside helping stop the spam registrations as a bonus it will of course also help keep anyone banned from the website who is using an anonymous proxy server from continuing to abuse the website. :bulb: :wink:

I am very disappointed to read that you have turned down my very generous offer. Running my own network solutions company I feel that my knowledge and experience of proxy servers would prove to be invaluable. I fear that you do not possess the level of experience required to ensure that these persistent trouble-makers are removed for good. Certainly, your uploading of anonymous proxy lists will not prove sufficient as there are many ways a user can get round them undetected.

I sincerely hope you will consider your decision as I fear you will later regret it should you decide to go it alone.

:laughing:

Running my own network solutions company I feel that my knowledge and experience of proxy servers would prove to be invaluable

Thank you again for your kind offer, :wink: :wink:

I fear that you do not possess the level of experience required to ensure that these persistent trouble-makers are removed for good

I believe you are probably correct, but fortunatly Reed Elsevier are a rather large company that employs many many people in their extensive IS departments across the globe, and I fear I have to turn down your kind offer they would prefer me to keep this work “in house” so to speak :wink: :smiley:

Rikki-UK:

Running my own network solutions company I feel that my knowledge and experience of proxy servers would prove to be invaluable

Thank you again for your kind offer, :wink: :wink:

I fear that you do not possess the level of experience required to ensure that these persistent trouble-makers are removed for good

I believe you are probably correct, but fortunatly Reed Elsevier are a rather large company that employs many many people in their extensive IS departments across the globe, and I fear I have to turn down your kind offer they would prefer me to keep this work “in house” so to speak :wink: :smiley:

British Telecom are also a rather large company that employs many many people in their extensive IS departments across the globe too, but the vast majority of them don’t even know what a proxy server is, so it is rather worrying to hear that you are placing so much trust in Reed Elsevier. I fear that you could be in for a big disappointment, but time will tell!

Good luck! :laughing:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!!

There are plenty of reasons why people use proxy’s, as you are now a commercial site why on earth would you want to limit the membership and potential readership of the site? Do you really have enough members already that you do not need any more? TN gets advertised heavily in CM and yet you are now trying to use silly methods to prevent membership - there is only one foolproof way to stop unwanted registrants and that is to use a human to filter them out - is that not what you get paid for Rikki? To look after the site? Seems like you are either evading your duties or someone has sold you a pack of lies.

The thing about anonymous proxies is that they keep changing - that is the whole idea of them - do you really think you will be able to keep up? I think not, a complete and utter useless exercise implemented by people who clearly have no idea what they are doing.

Good luck, I shall watch and laugh from a distance - possibly even hiding behind a proxy or two. :slight_smile:

Wow, working great your new ideas, they have stopped me making this posting using a proxy!!!

And another one it’s preventing me posting from - superb your new device to stop this - I’m well impressed - but admit I’m getting bored now as there is no real challenge!!!

As I said, silly idea - those who use anonymous proxy’s are normally quite clued up on how it all works - all you will succeed in doing is preventing less knowledgeable people from using the site - it will have zero effect on the people you are trying to stop - foolish and short sighted!!!